SEO – Understanding the bounce rate
Bounce rate is the term used to identify how long a visitor stays on your website. When it comes to SEO and website traffic monitoring, do you think you understand the bounce rate on your website? What exactly does this mean when it comes down to effectively managing traffic to your website?
A bounce rate is something that every company should know if they wanted to find out how intriguing their website is. The name of this term is accurate to the description to action. What the “bounce” refers to when an individual is visiting a website and after just leaves the website without interacting with the page any longer. This means that they click on absolutely nothing, items like the menu bar or “read more” link. The “bounce” of the customer leaving the website is what refers to bounce rate, as the amount of people coming and leaving is the “rate” part of the term. Therefore, the bounce rate of your website tells you the amount (percentage) of how many individuals bounce off your page. This is the best way to analyze the traffic flow of your website and keeping your website relevant.
First of all, it’s essential to distinguish between bounce rate and exit rate. Put simply, this applies when only one page in the site is visited, while the exit rate applies to the last page visited regardless of how many other pages were visited in the same session.
There are several acceptable bounce rates based on the type of website your business would have, these being:
- 40-60% – Content websites
- 30-50% – Lead generation sites
- 70-98% – Blogs
- 20-40% – Retail sites
- 10-30% – Service sites
- 70-90% – Landing pages
Ref: Google Analytics benchmarks
Of course, you will need to identify the type of website your business has, and ensure that it is in line with these numbers.
Remember bounce rate is a percentage, so if one visitor lands on what you consider to be an internal page and leaves immediately, you will get a 100% bounce rate. Ideally, lower bounce rates will need to be your target, of course, dependent on the audience your website is targeting.
How to Determine a Bounce Rate
The most common way to determine the bounce rate is through Google Analytics. When a user doesn’t respond to the website, Google Analytics doesn’t receive any kind of prompt that shows interest. By this strategy, it is easier to tell if the content or the quality of your page is actually worthy enough reading or not valid enough for the reader’s time. Sometimes no further interaction of your webpage could also mean the content of the page is not meant for the individual’s purpose either.
According to yoast.com, Google calculates the bounce rate by taking a single page session divided by all the sessions, in other words, the percentage of all sessions on your site where users viewed only a single page and triggered only a single request to the Analytics server. To make it even simpler, it collects all the sessions when an individual visited only one page and divides it by all the total sessions. In general, the lower the bounce rate is, the better it is for you as the website creator. Having a “higher” bounce rate means necessarily that there are factors that contribute to it.
What can you do to salvage a bad bounce rate?
There are a number of things that you or your website developer and/or SEO (Search Engine Optimization) a person can do. After analyzing the bounce rate and determining the pages that need to be improved, you will need to ask yourself some questions, these being:
- it’s the wrong site or content;
- it takes too long to load;
- Call to action is not available or clear;
- the navigation is not intuitive;
- the site is not responsive;
- it’s visually unappealing;
- it feels untrustworthy;
- the services are not clear enough;
- they just don’t like it;
- and the list goes on…
The most important thing to remember when checking your bounce rate is context. Check it against the benchmarks, and evaluate what a good rate for each particular page should be. If it is too low, check for a script or set up errors in your analytics; if it’s too high, try some of the above guidelines.
Remember, bounce rate should be understood in order to retain traffic, and gain conversions.
It’s best to make one change at a time, and then check if it has made a difference. Bounce rate can be your friend if you learn to use it properly.
Above all, remember that this is one of many tools used in retaining visitors on your website.. Having a healthy bounce rate will not magically increase sales or sign-ups but will help you increase the time someone stays on your site, and maybe, maybe generate a sale.
Delivering the best Web Design & SEO Services
Local Web Design Services
If you're looking for web design, website development, a new website or wanting to revamp to an existing small business website, then you’ve come to the right place. Notably, at Visualwebz LLC we understand business owners and the website benefits your business needs. In addition, we understand that being a website owner you will want to see immediate results. Furthermore, we can help your website reach an international, national or local customer base. Besides, we know how to get your customers to you. After all, small business websites and SEO have been our specialty since 2008!
We Deliver the Best Web Services
Our website developers specialize in delivering the best websites and nothing more. More significantly, our qualifications and experience allow us to deliver clear and concise solutions. As a matter of fact, we will keep you in the loop during the whole web development process. Immediately after the launch of your website, we will work with you in improving your online presence. For example, our SEO specialists will help drive traffic to your website. With this in mind. Visualwebz LLC is the ideal firm to hire for your next project. In fact, we will also take care of your web security - remember you will need to secure your website from hackers. Similarly, other website design services offered include website maintenance, support, and website testing.
Interested in chatting to us regarding SEO or web design? Or just have questions regarding our expertise or web design costs? Then Contact us today at 425.336.0069. You may also want to check our reviews, and learn why our customers like us! After all, our 5-star reviews clearly tell prospective customers why we stand out when it comes to service, punctuality, quality, and affordability.
Resources & Links
Our Blog covers a range of services, practices, and trends in the areas of web design and SEO.
Marketing & SEO
- YouTube Marketing.
- Alternatives to Craigslist advertising.
- Ad Campaigns.
- SEO Trends 2014.
- Slow websites and ranking.
- Social Media Content.
- Essential Website Tools.
- Try our SEO Multiple Page Generator for WordPress.
Web Design & Website Development
- Website Redesign
- Local Website Developers
- Web Technologies
- Seattle WordPress Website Design
- Professional Web Design
- E-Commerce Platform
- Website Questions
- Serving USA Cities | Website Areas
- Website Services
- Left vs. Right Brain
- Looking for good hosting?
Interpreting Bounce Rates
Depending on the type of content created, a high bounce rate could either be good or bad for your webpage. For example with some pages that created that are meant to purely inform readers, it would make sense that they wouldn’t get a large amount of feedback or prompts from their readers. It is comprehended that after getting the information they came looking for, they exit immediately after getting it from the article. Although it would be nice if they clicked on other articles written on that website or even subscribed to the page, that is when Google Analytics would be notified of the prompt of their click, it usually occurs on a rare occasion. But in most cases, if they are looking for statistics or things like an address of a place, then it’s not surprising that readers exit out of the window as soon as they got ahold of the information they were in the search of.
Meanwhile, with other pages that are meant to engage with readers, the fact of getting a high bounce rate isn’t good news. For example, some pages have one major goal when they want consumers to view their page, and it is to gain subscribers. They want their viewers to read their content and come back wanting to read more. In instances like these, they may have to change the way they advertise their article/page. There are simple solutions for example like adding a pop-up button on the page that says “subscribe” where users are then aware of the option of subscribing. Other pages could be like ones that want to sell products and end up getting no clicks on their website. Another large reason why there could be a low bounce rate for subscribing pages is that of click-baiting. This refers to the term of having information in your article title that ends up not actually being in your article. When this occurs, readers actually might even get agitated, not only leaving the website. It shouldn’t be expected to have a low bounce rate when the website doesn’t include actual information that it is titled to be.
Bounce rates are better interpreted as metrics. That way, it’s better to see the numbers that come with bounce rates and comparing scores. According to gorocketfuel.com, the numbers ranging from 26-40 percent is excellent for a website. It even sometimes seems impossible for firms to get their numbers down to the range of this. 41-51% is about halfway, and this is average. 56-70 percent is pretty much disappointing for anything that is meant to be engaging such as blogs, newsletters, the news. In the picture shown below, it is observed that the most common segment was between 35-40 percent.
What Makes a High Bounce Rate?
As mentioned above, generally the lower the bounce rate is, the better the content there is on the webpage. Depending on the type of webpage you have created, having a high bounce is something that you would want to avoid and although there are many different reasons, these three factors especially have a large impact on the numbers:
- The overall quality of your page is low. This could mean there’s nothing engaging on the website and users feel like they just see a block of text. The suggested solution to this would be creating the overall layout more intriguing.
- The crowd that went on your page donâ€™t match the same purpose. It is normal for no engagement if they do not find the information that they were looking for.
- Consumers that visited the page easily found the information that they were looking for and needed no further information
Advantages of Google Analytics
One big advantage you can have with bounce rates and utilizing Google Analytics is seeing the segments that they provide. This way, for websites trying to target specific demographics, ages, genders, and browsers, it’s helpful. They can even check for new visitors or returning ones as well. Below, information is shown of the ages once you go to the audience, then demographics, then age on Google Analytics. It even provides the duration of the user on the webpage.
The Contribution of SEO
Although Search Engine Optimization (SEO) doesn’t factor largely with bounce rates but more so of the overall views of the page, its still an essential key. SEO is when the top pages that come up through results are because of advertisement or professional marketing strategies. There have been many questions about whether SEO has played a hand in the bounce rate that is calculated through Google Analytics. Thankfully, they have confirmed that Google does not use the algorithm for the analytics. But the only concern here is that when consumers”bounce” to your website, to make sure they do not bounce back to the search results that they came from. The important thing is having factors that make visitors want to stay on your website.
Keeping a low bounce rate is hard for some pages, and through the right strategic details, this can be changed. Here are the top ways to reduce the overall amount of bounce rate:
- There has to be a clear call to action. If the consumers come to a page where the call to action is hidden or they find it has nothing to do with the content, they will just bounce.
- Give them a purpose to navigate throughout the page. Whether the information they were looking for is solved or not solved, there is more than likely a chance that they would just leave. An example of this would be instead of displaying information like the number of a company on the homepage, it would be better to create an about us page.
- Make the landing page pretty. The landing page is basically the homepage, and if the first expression is the most important, that is the biggest reason to make the landing page attractive. Individuals actually judge the reliability of the content of a page based on the appearance of it.
Overall Conclusion of Bounce Rates
Bounce rates are used to mainly analyze the marketing efforts that websites create and put out. The most common way that bounce rates are determined is through Google Analytics. Bounce rates are beneficial in helping the creators of the web page change and innovate their website so they are able to determine what makes users want and not want to engage. Since it is common to want users to engage with your web page and a high ate isn’t bad, it is more efficient when a lower bounce rate is proven for a web page.
Web Design & SEO Services for Small Businesses
At Visualwebz LLC we provide a range of WordPress (WP) web design, website development and web marketing services to a diverse group of small businesses. Be it a WordPress website design for a large company or an e-Commerce website for business starting up, we will deliver it. Each web developer at Visualwebz LLC will work with you to complete your online success. Also, we encourage you to read Visualwebz reviews and see why our customers are happy with our work and outcomes.
Healthcare Web Design Services
We offer a range of medical web design services for healthcare practices. In fact, our medical website solutions branch out to all areas of the healthcare industry. For example, our effective dental web design services, offered by our dental web designers serve Dentists, Dental Clinics, Specialized Dental Practices, Orthodontists, Dentistry, and Dental Practices.
Also, we don't end there with our website services but branch to other healthcare services like Chiropractors, Doctors, Specialist Doctors, Psychologists, Plastic Surgeries, Chiropractors, Psychiatrists, Veterinary practices and other healthcare related practices. Hire the best medical website developer for your dentist or walk-in clinic, hire Visalwebz LLC.
Professional web solutions for the services sector
Our website builder and SEO services assist all types of businesses. Some of which are:
- Import Export, Distributors, Warehouses, Warehousing Outlets, B2B, and Franchises.
- Mechanics, Car repair, and auto garages.
- Contractors, developers, and home construction companies.
- Cleaning businesses like dry cleaning web design and carpet cleaning.
- Car dealerships and auto repairs centers.
- Hairdressers, Hairstylists, spas a, and salons.
- All types of small businesses and startups.
- Elderly care and Senior living web design services are also available.
- Schools such as daycares, home daycare, early learning schools, Montessori, and training centers.
- Food industry such as distributors, restaurants. Restaurant Chains, etc.
Web Design & SEO for Professionals
- Be it a small CPA or an established CPA, Accountants, Tax Services, or Tax Preparation Office, we can help. In fact, our services for accounting or finance-related firms are affordable and specific to each business. Also, other areas in finance include investment firms, financial advisors, financial consultants, and investment firms.
- and investment consultants.
- We also help attorneys and law firms. We provide the best law firm web design and SEO for any legal, attorney or law practice. After all, our law firm website designs are aimed at law firms that are looking for growth or law firms needing more online visibility.
- Our web services also branch out to small businesses, start-ups and into the real estate sector,
Web services for other industries
We also offer web design services that benefit nonprofits such as religious centers and churches. For example a project for a local Seattle Christianity website helped this cause gain the online visibility it needed.
We give back!
As part of giving back, we help nonprofits. As a matter of fact, we don't profit from any nonprofit website design or SEO services provided to non-profits. If you have a great cause your working for, then let us help your non-profit. In fact, we may even do it for free! Be it in Federal Way, Bellevue or New York we can help you get results. We can also fix a broken website, and get your charitable cause or church back on track.
Web Design, Current Trends and Online Marketing Blog Posts:
Visualwebz LLC is a Top Digital Marketing Agency Seattle 2018 and provides a range of digital marketing services.
We have summarized a number of areas every small business should be aware of when it comes to having an effective website:
Digital Marketing Tips and Insights
- Content Marketing through effective email marketing will keep your customers connected.
- Benefit of Keywords ensures that websites are targeted at the right customer base.
- Effective Online Marketing is a necessity for solid website ranking and should be part of all marketing campaigns.
- Reviews matter and not only attract customers but also authenticate the business. Learn more about Google Reviews vs Yelp.
- Unique Content Matters and should be carefully created, and aimed at the right demographics.
- Digital Marketing and SEO entail on-page, off-page SEO and social media.
- An SEO expert will always have understanding on page one ranking formula and practices.
- Marketing and animation go hand in hand, especially when it comes to engaging visitors.
- Our multi page generator helps create multiple land pages.
- Website Color Choices can be a make or break when it comes to attracting customers.
- Voice Search is already here and every business should be aware of the impact it will have on getting future customers.
- Understand website costs and why cheap websites don't always have the ROI.
- Web design trends from 2000 to 2019 have come a long way when it comes to businesses being able to get online. Our web design agency understands the complexity of websites. Whether its a KISS web design, or a complex e-commerce platform. Even, if its a website built using website builders or one that's custom designed through hard-coding. We always use current web technologies and deliver attention grabbing websites.
- Worst Web Designs can have a detrimental impact on customer service and traffic. Also, this is the number one reason why a professional web design agency should be hired.
- Having the greatest website also means that its protected from malicious attacks. We help keep websites functioning and out of trouble.
More Blog Posts on Web Design, Online Marketing, SEO and related areas:
Google Panel | Google Adwords | Google Trends | Rich Snippets | | Internet Companies | HTTPS | | E-Commerce Website Developers | | 20 Years of Google | AI | Google Algorithms | Phishing & Compromising websites | Business Ranking in Seattle | Smart Homes | Ruby on Rails | Web Design History | Death of Google Plus | 5G | Micro-animations & Micro-interactions | Drop shipping
Cities where we provide Web Design for small businesses:
A Web Design Agency that offers custom web solutions with quality in mind
We offer the best website design services and web support available to small businesses in Washington and other states. Yes, our website builder services are available to all businesses at affordable and cheap prices. After all, hiring competent web developers, website designers, WordPress Designers, and web builders will get you the results your business needs to be successful. Whether you're looking for a web agency in Seattle or a website developer? We can help. Call us at (425)-336-0069.
Every business deserves a professionally designed website
Our freelance website development services will get your business the professional presence needed! Whether it's an e-commerce website in WordPress or any other type of website, we will deliver and do exactly what you expect! Our professional web designing and online marketing experience prove to be inexpensive, effective for small businesses and professionals alike.
Our local web design services are not only available locally in Seattle, Washington,but nationally. For example local cities where we offer services in Washington include Auburn, WA | Seattle, WA | Covington | Kent | Kent, WA | Federal Way | Tacoma | Olympia | Issaquah | New Castle| Lakewood | Gig Harbor | Everett | Monroe | Mill Creek | Milton | Puyallup | Redmond | Renton | Tacoma | White Center | Vancouver | Bellingham | Seattle.
If you need a new website or just looking for some website support, reach out to us, and let us help.
Hire the best Web Design Services from Washington
With front-end and back-end experience, our customers back us up as the best web design services. In fact, how could you possibly go wrong? After all, our full stack development experience and online marketing will pave the path for your business success. Contact us today at (425)-336-0069. Just a reminder, that our services are available, but not limited to Seattle, Bellevue, WA, Tacoma, Olympia, WA, New York, L.A. and all over!
Web Developers - We're not just a Web Design Agency
Our specialties are not only in web design, but also web development and online marketing. Yes, we are the full blown agency with a one stop service. Our web development services are not just limited to the Washington area but all over. From Bellevue, Tacoma and all the way to LA, California and NY!
Web Agency with perfect solutions & great reviews
Our small business solutions are the perfect choice for any small to medium size business looking for results. Especially if you're looking to see your small business website grow via effective web design and online marketing. In fact, our Seattle web design company has assisted many businesses in and around the Puget Sound area. But, we did not finish there, we've also helped businesses in Seattle, Issaquah, Bellevue, Tacoma, New York, and California. Let our expertise help your business expand and reach new heights!
Website Design - Call (425).336.0069
Effective Bounce Rates for Local Businesses
- If your looking for website developers near you, you’ve come to the right place! We provide web services to the following areas, but not limited to Auburn, Algona, Milton, Seattle, Bellingham, WA, Des Moines, Bellevue, Issaquah, Burien, Federal Way, Fife, WA, Maple Valley, Mill Creek, Covington, WA, Des Moines, and Seatac. Des Moines and Seatac are generally neighboring cities to Kent.
Professional Website Development, SEO and improved Bounce Rates
- Seattle Web development includes numerous online services including SEO and online marketing. As a result, some local areas we serve include:Washington State | Auburn | Bellevue | Eastside – Bellevue | Bellevue Website Design – Local Website Firm | Bothell | Des Moines | Federal Way | Fife | Issaquah | Kent | Kirkland, WA | Lacey | Lakewood | Lynwood | Maple Valley | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Seatac WA | Tacoma | Tukwila | Vancouver | Everett | Spokane | Seatac | Tacoma | Seattle Website Design | Renton | Seatac Airport is the main port of entry into and out of Seattle by air. Notably, Visualwebz.com serves numerous businesses around Seattle. For example, Ballard – Small business in the Ballard area will no doubt benefit from our website’s services. For example, the first-page ranking will allow your website to rank well in Google. In addition, other areas in Seattle include: Belltown | Fremont | Madison Park | Capitol Hill | West Seattle | Queen Anne | Magnolia | Downtown Seattle | Seattle Website Design Services | Seattle | Northgate | Web Design Seattle Washington | Seattle Web Page Design | Small Biz Web Design
Bounce Rate Improvements and SEO services nationally
Besides providing SEO and online marketing to local businesses we also provide such services to small businesses in other states. For example, local cities include Seattle, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kirkland, Lakewood, WA, Monroe, Olympia, Tacoma and Bellingham, WA.
- Albuquerque | Anaheim | Atlanta | Bakersfield | Bellevue, WA | Charlotte NC | Cleveland | Colorado Springs | Columbus Ohio | Corpus Christi | Dallas Texas | Denver Colorado | Detroit Michigan | El Paso Texas | Fort Worth Texas | Fresno | Honolulu | Jacksonville | Long Beach California | Louisville | Memphis TN | Mesa Arizona | Minneapolis | Phoenix AZ | Portland Oregon | Raleigh | Riverside, California | Sacramento | San Diego | San Jose California | Santa Anna | | Tucson | Virginia Beach | Washington DC | Seattle Washington – Issaquah, WA
If your looking to improve your website bounce rate or looking for a website for an attorney, small law firm, dentist, marketing a law firm? Our web developers will deliver exactly what you want. Call Visualwebz today at (425)-336-0069.
- Oregon | Portland | Salem | Eugene
- Idaho | Boise
- New York | Brooklyn
- California: LA Website Design | San Jose | Riverside | Also, web design in Long Beach.
- Canada | Toronto | Calgary | Vancouver | Surrey B.C.
- Texas | Austin
- Indiana | Indianapolis
Our web services will help your website be more effective when it comes to the bounce rate as well as ROI. Were aware that having one of the worst websites that don’t perform when it comes to traffic and bounce rates can be a nightmare for any business. Call us today at 425.336.0069 and let us help your business.
Online Marketing , SEO services available to small businesses in:
Washington SEO, SEM & Marketing Agency available in:
Algona | Auburn | Kent | Bellevue | New Castle | Bellingham | Factoria, Bellevue | Federal Way | Fife | Kent | Kirkland | Issaquah | Lakewood | Lynnwood | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Olympia | Redmond | Seattle | Tacoma | Kennewick | Gig Harbor | Vancouver
Our SEO packages and Online Marketing solutions are affordable and geared towards small businesses. In particular, businesses in and around Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, Tacoma, Kent, and Factoria Bellevue, WA continue to be our loyal customers. Our SEO company and web design firm do not just make a promise but, rather carries it out to succeed. Whether you are close to home in Seattle, or elsewhere.
Our SEO services and SEO marketers focus on organic SEO for small businesses like restaurants, distributors, professionals, doctors, dentists, and attorneys/call us for a free SEO estimate at (425)-336-0069.
Digital Marketing Services
Our digital marketing services are available in Washington and other states. Locally we assist small businesses in Puyallup, Gig Harbor, Olympia, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kirkland, Seattle, Vancouver, Tacoma, and surrounding areas.
Internet Marketing Services
Our internet marketing services coupled with web design and SEO will get your small business website to the top of your search engine. We focus on local as well as larger markets. All the way from Seattle, Olympia, Maple Valley, Kirkland, Bellevue, Tacoma and states like Washington, California, and ones further out!
Organic SEO is the Perfect Solution
Yes, SEO is the right way to get your website and visible online. But, you need to hire an agency that knows what they are doing. We at Visualwebz work on guidelines set by search engines. Thus, getting positive results for our customers. Also, our SEO consultant services are not only local in Renton, Kent, Seattle, Bellevue or other areas. But reach further beyond into other states!
Online Marketing Services
Our online marketing services are not just limited to Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Tacoma or Bellingham. But we offer services to all businesses nationally. Go ahead and contact one of the top digital marketing agencies near you. Though there are many SEO Companies to choose from we ask you to check our reviews and decide why our customers prefer and chose us.
Visualwebz is not just a top web design agency, but also recognized as a top advertising and marketing firm in Washington state.