Best Websites are based on a number of factors, and on many occasions, we come across websites and mindlessly ignore the functionality of a web page because we have become accustomed to browsing well put together web pages with ease and delight, but have you ever stopped to wonder what makes a good website? What was the purpose of the website designing process?
What Makes A Website fall into the category of Best Websites?
A website is a collection of web pages on the World Wide Web considered as a single entity and linked together. Most websites are usually handled by the company who created the website for a person or a company via web developers that will have the skill sets for the whole website development process. The skills such professionals will include would be HTML, Cascading Style Sheets and PHP (Server Side Scripting) to name a few. Other times it is just for a person who owns it individually and works on it by themselves. Websites are usually directed towards one topic, which is often the general purpose of it but there are always exceptions such as Amazon which sells items as well as online videos streaming services. Every website has a home page, and this is the first page the viewer sees. A home page can make or break a website because at first glance the viewer either likes the website or they do not which is what dictates whether they will continue to browse on the website or not.
User Interface (UI Web Design)
Most of us know a good website when we see one but have never actually thought to think about what makes a good website. For starters, a great website will always have a good UI Web design (User Interface).
When a website is well put together, according to Skeptoid, when judging to tell if a website is good or bad, the first thing they wrote was Style of Presentation, stating that how a website looks is one of the first ways the someone judges whether a website is good or bad. An example of a great website is Merci Michel.
Best web pages contain…
- Simplicity: Keep your site simple and well organized.
- Fast loading pages: Limit the amount of data you because if it takes too long for a page to load, you’ll lose more than half of your potential visitors (Refer to AMP websites for more information on mobile websites)
- Minimal scroll: Create links from the main page to read more about a particular topic.
- Effective website development and website ranking.
- Consistent layout: Use a consistent layout and repeat certain elements throughout the site.
- Prominent, logical navigation: Create a navigation with links because your visitors are in a hurry
- Descriptive link text: Make it easier for visitors to find their way around a site
- Cross-platform/browser compatibility: Different browsers often have different rules and resolution
- Effective SEO, first-page ranking, and online marketing strategies.
Simplicity of Websites
Not overloaded with content
Making sure that your website is not overloaded with data is important because that reflects on your pages load up time. If your homepage has a lot of things going on, it will take a longer time to load up and that could irritate a visitor and make them click off. A way to minimize the chances of a visitor clicking off is creating a loading wheel that shows how much has loaded so that the visitor knows how much longer the have to wait (which is often less than 10 seconds).
Effective landing pages
Creating a landing page (home page) that is short and to the point will be more helpful for your visitor and make their experience on your website much more efficient and easier. Create links off of the main home page so that you do not have to clutter the home page with an unnecessary abundance of information. The best web pages provide all the basic information for the website within the basic aspect ratio for a device.
Page layout is a vital part of a website. How text, graphics, and other elements appear on a page is a very important part of how your page appears. Making sure all your text that is part of a similar section follows the same rules when it comes to centering and that the size and that your graphics have are the correct aspect ratios are some of the basics of page layout.
Having a navigation panel in a visible and easy to use manner on your website will result in high satisfaction for visitors along with saving them time. A navigation panel may sound bland but the best websites known how to jazz up a navigation by doing things such as creating a drop-down menu effect or a rolling letters effect.
If you have a link to a page or an image, and it is not clear what it is, having a mini description of it is a helpful way to make your website efficient. It will allow the visitor to navigate the website without confusion or misunderstanding. A great way the mini description can be implemented is through a hover over effect.
Understanding screen resolution will make creating visually appealing websites much more achievable. Due to the fact that every browser and device can have their own screen resolution size, it can be hard to predict how to format but once you figure out the tricks to make it appear evenly over any and all browser your web page will shine. From a desktop computer, laptop, to a mobile phone format will be different but maintain your layout through all of them will help you reach the most visitors. Hence, why responsive websites are a must!
The right color
Selecting the right color combination is the biggest element in creating an appealing/attractive website. Making sure that your website has a single theme throughout the pages (unless having different colors is a part of the theme) is a great way to maintain neatness. Color is a great way to add aesthetic appeal but you have to make sure your colors go well together and create a nice pallet. You do not want to have a neon yellow background with neon orange font over it. Color balance is necessary for a good website.
A great website to visit to test different variations of colors is Adobe Kuler. The website allows the user to view a color wheel and choose a color rule between Analogous, Monochromatic, Triad, Complementary, Compound, and Shades. All of these color rules result in great color palettes that look professionally chosen. Another website that you can visit if you do not want to choose your own colors is Color-Hex which has hundreds of user made color pallets.
Summary of a great website
The website that was mentioned earlier: Merci Michel, is a great example of a website that can be considered one of the best websites because it does everything that was stated above. As soon as you open the link to the page you are greeted with the logo of the company that fills in with the color white as the web page loads up to show you your wait time. Having this allows the visitor to know that the page is actually going to load. The page then demonstrates a perfect resolution that matches your screen size with an eye-catching video playing in the background with no scroll necessary so you immediately know that you do not have to look for links or information. They provide a mini description in the center of the page and a navigation panel in the top right.
This website is a prime example because they understand that simplicity is the way to go but they also keep in mind that they need to entertain the visitor while also making it easy for them to find the links that they need.
Overall, websites can be found in many formats and creative designs but that does not always mean they are good. It is very easy to create a website that is inefficient or simply does not work. This can either be caused by a failure in the coding of the web pages or it could be because the idea for the website is simply one that has no purpose or consideration for visitors.
If we choose not to view aesthetic features and focus on the actual functionality of the web page, there are many hyperlinks on the pages throughout the website but they all seem to be missed opportunities. The links to the book merely take you to a page with a list of books, there is no purchase option for them. There is also a link for Amazon, and I, and others I assume, would think that clicking this Amazon link would take me to Amazon page with her books, but it turns out to just take me to the Amazon home page. There is also a panel of reviews on the right side of the website that is poorly formatted making them a nuisance to read. This website fails to take a well-made design, ease of navigation, quality graphics, and basic formatting into account making this a good example of things you should not do when creating a website.
Security Within Websites
Any kind of information can be found hidden on websites. From credit card numbers to secret passwords it is very important to have some sort of security to protect yourself from intruders. The internet has various ways of releasing data. If you are accessing certain information on the World Wide Web, then you want to be ensured with proper security. The last thing you want is some random person to cash out your credit cards.
In today’s time, social media is everywhere around you in different ways. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are some of the biggest social media platforms. These applications interact very well with audiences of all ages. Nowadays, many companies integrate social media onto their websites. Fans of any sort have an opportunity to connect with others through social media, and websites target that. Also, social media on a website increases awareness of whatever you want the audience to view or buy. Social media will only continue to evolve, which is a positive thing for companies and websites. There is no doubt in my mind that in these next five to ten years social media will be more associated with websites.
The internet is a large part of a lot of peoples everyday lives whether it be for social media, entertainment, or work. The best websites know how to maintain aesthetic appeal and functionality because, in modern times, we want quick results, but we also want the results to appear as though they were created by people that knew what they were doing. The best websites understand that the need for simplicity and efficiency but also understand that they cannot compromise quality.
Hiring a reputable web design and SEO firm will allow you to determine the website choice you make. Contact us for a free estimate, and then decide. Maybe you have an existing website but are experiencing website problems? We can fix your website and get it what its good at. That is attracting and maintaining customers.
Best Websites References
- Admin. “Components of a Website.” Components of a Website – Professional Web Development & Design. N.p., 04 Dec. 2006. Web. 22 May 2017.
- Horton, Patrick J. Lynch Sarah. “Web Style Guide, Third Edition.” Page Structure and Site Design | Web Style Guide 3. Sarah Horton, Patrick Lynch, n.d. Web. 22 May 2017.
- “Good Website Characteristics.” Spritz Web Solutions. Spritz Web Solutions, 1 Jan. 2012. Web. 22 May 2017.
- Collins, Suzanne. “Suzanne Collins.” Home. N.p., 03 Dec. 2014. Web. 22 May 2017.
- “Color Palettes Color Schemes.” Color Hex. Www.Color-Hex.com, 1 Jan. 2017. Web. 22 May 2017.
- Adobe. “Adobe Kuler: Color Wheel | Color Schemes.” Adobe Color CC. Adobe Systems Inc., n.d. Web. 22 May 2017.
- Merci Michel. Merci Michel home page. Digital image. Merci Michel. Merci Michel, n.d. Web. 22 May 2017.
- Collins, Suzanne. Suzanne Collins’ works page. Digital image. Suzanne Collins. Suzanne Collins, n.d. Web. 22 May 2017.
- Richwood Marketing. Richwood Marketing’s website image. Digital image. Richwood Marketing. Richwood Marketing, n.d. Web. 22 May 2017.
Delivering the best Web Design & SEO Services
Local Web Design Services
If you're looking for web design, website development, a new website or just need to revamp an existing small business website, then you’ve come to the right place. Notably, at Visualwebz LLC we understand business owners and the website benefits your business needs. In addition, we understand that being a website owner you will want to see immediate results. Furthermore, we can help your website reach an international, national or local customer base. Besides, we know how to get your customers to you. After all, small business websites and SEO have been our specialty since 2008!
We Deliver the Best Web Services
Our website developers specialize in delivering the best websites and nothing more. More significantly, our qualifications and experience allow us to deliver clear and concise solutions. Whether it's a simple website or one that's complex, or one that is built on PHP or ASP, we will always keep you in the loop during the whole web development process.
Immediately after the launch of your website, we will work with you in improving your online presence. For example, our SEO specialists will help drive traffic to your website. With this in mind. Visualwebz LLC is the ideal firm to hire for your next project. In fact, we will also take care of your web security - remember you will need to secure your website from hackers. Similarly, other website design services offered include website maintenance, support, and website testing.
Interested in chatting to us regarding SEO or web design? Or just have questions regarding our expertise or web design costs? Then Contact us today at 425.336.0069. You may also want to check our reviews, and learn why our customers like us! After all, our 5-star reviews clearly tell prospective customers why we stand out when it comes to service, punctuality, quality, and affordability.
Resources & Links
Our Blog covers a range of services, practices, and trends in the areas of web design and SEO.
Marketing & SEO
- YouTube Marketing.
- Alternatives to Craigslist advertising.
- Ad Campaigns.
- SEO Trends 2014.
- Slow websites and ranking.
- Social Media Content.
- Essential Website Tools.
- Try our SEO Multiple Page Generator for WordPress.
Web Design & Website Development
- Website Redesign
- Local Website Developers
- Web Technologies
- Seattle WordPress Website Design
- Professional Web Design
- E-Commerce Platform
- Website Questions
- Serving USA Cities | Website Areas
- Website Services
- Left vs. Right Brain
- Looking for good hosting?
Web Design & SEO Services for Small Businesses
At Visualwebz LLC we provide a range of WordPress (WP) web design, website development, and web marketing services to a diverse group of small businesses. Be it a WordPress website design for a large company or an e-Commerce website for business starting up, we will deliver it. Each web developer at Visualwebz LLC will work with you to complete your online success. Also, we encourage you to read Visualwebz reviews and see why our customers are happy with our work and outcomes.
Healthcare Web Design Services
We offer a range of medical web design services for healthcare practices. In fact, our medical website solutions branch out to all areas of the healthcare industry. For example, our effective dental web design services, offered by our dental web designers serve Dentists, Dental Clinics, Specialized Dental Practices, Orthodontists, Dentistry, and Dental Practices. For example, Bothell Dental Care.
Also, we don't end there with our website services but branch to other healthcare services like Chiropractors, Doctors, Specialist Doctors, Psychologists, Plastic Surgeries, Chiropractors, Psychiatrists, Veterinary practices and other healthcare-related practices. Hire the best medical website developer for your dentist or walk-in clinic, hire Visalwebz LLC.
Professional web solutions for the services sector
Our website builder and SEO services assist all types of businesses. Some of which are:
- Import Export, Distributors, Warehouses, Warehousing Outlets, B2B, and Franchises. Also, Consignment businesses like one in Tacoma, WA.
- Manufacturing companies like Urban Accessories.
- Mechanics, Car repair, and auto garages.
- Contractors, developers, and home construction companies.
- Cleaning businesses like dry cleaning web design and carpet cleaning.
- Car dealerships and auto repairs centers.
- Hairdressers, Hairstylists, spas a, and salons.
- All types of small businesses and startups.
- Elderly care and Senior living web design services are also available.
- Schools such as daycares, home daycare, early learning schools, Montessori, and training centers.
- Food industry such as distributors, restaurants. Restaurant Chains, etc.
Web Design & SEO for Professionals
- Be it a small CPA or an established CPA, Accountants, Tax Services, or Tax Preparation Office, we can help. In fact, our services for accounting or finance-related firms are affordable and specific to each business. Also, other areas in finance include investment firms, financial advisors, financial consultants, and investment firms.
- and investment consultants.
- We also help attorneys and law firms. We provide the best law firm web design and SEO for any legal, attorney or law practice. After all, our law firm website designs are aimed at law firms that are looking for growth or law firms needing more online visibility. A good example is NY Defense Attorney web design, where we took an old outdated website and freshened it up.
- Our web services also branch out to small businesses, start-ups and into the real estate sector,
Web services for other industries
We also offer web design services that benefit nonprofits such as religious centers and churches. For example a project for a local Seattle Christianity website helped this cause gain the online visibility it needed.
We give back!
As part of giving back, we help nonprofits. As a matter of fact, we don't profit from any nonprofit website design or SEO services provided to non-profits. If you have a great cause your working for, then let us help your non-profit. In fact, we may even do it for free! Be it in Federal Way, Bellevue or New York we can help you get results. We can also fix a broken website, and get your charitable cause or church back on track.
Website Design - Call (425).336.0069
Website Designer helping its local communities
- If your looking for website developers near you, you’ve come to the right place! We provide web services to the following areas, but not limited to Seattle, Bellingham, WA, Des Moines, Bellevue, Issaquah, Burien, Federal Way, Fife, WA, Maple Valley, Mill Creek, Covington, WA, Des Moines, and Seatac. Des Moines and Seatac are generally neighboring cities to Kent.
Professional Website Development by a local Website Designer
- Seattle Web development includes numerous online services including SEO and online marketing. As a result, some local areas we serve include:Washington State | Auburn | Bellevue | Eastside – Bellevue | Bellevue Website Design – Local Website Firm | Bothell | Des Moines | Federal Way | Fife | Issaquah | Kent | Kirkland, WA | Lacey | Lynwood | Maple Valley | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Seatac WA | Tacoma | Tukwila | Vancouver | Everett | Spokane | Seatac | Seattle Website Design | RentonSeatac Airport is the main port of entry into and out of Seattle by air. Notably, Visualwebz.com serves numerous businesses around Seattle. For example, Ballard – Small business in the Ballard area will no doubt benefit from our website’s services. For example, the first-page ranking will allow your website to rank well in Google. In addition, other areas in Seattle include: Belltown | Fremont | Madison Park | Capitol Hill | West Seattle | Queen Anne | Magnolia | Downtown Seattle | Seattle Website Design Services | Seattle | Northgate | Web Design Seattle Washington | Seattle Web Page Design | Small Biz Web Design
Website Designer also offers SEO services nationally
Besides providing SEO and online marketing to local businesses we also provide such services to small businesses in other states. For example, local cities include Federal Way, Issaquah, Kirkland, Lakewood, WA, Monroe, Olympia, Tacoma and Bellingham, WA.
- Albuquerque | Anaheim | Atlanta | Bakersfield | Bellevue, WA | Charlotte NC | Cleveland | Colorado Springs | Columbus Ohio | Corpus Christi | Dallas Texas | Denver Colorado | Detroit Michigan | El Paso Texas | Fort Worth Texas | Fresno | Honolulu | Jacksonville | Long Beach California | Louisville | Memphis TN | Mesa Arizona | Minneapolis | Phoenix AZ | Portland Oregon | Raleigh | Riverside, California | Sacramento | San Diego | San Jose California | Santa Anna | | Tucson | Virginia Beach | Washington DC | Seattle Washington – Issaquah, WA
Cities where we provide Web Design for small businesses:
A Seattle Web Design Agency that offers custom web solutions
We offer the best website design services, web maintenance and web support to small businesses in Seattle, Washington, and other states. Yes, our website builder services are available to all businesses at affordable and cheap prices. After all, hiring competent and affordable web developers, website designers, WordPress Designers, and web builders will get you the results without breaking your bank! Whether you're looking for a web agency in Seattle or a website developer elsewhere? We can help. Call us at (425)-336-0069.
Every business deserves a professionally designed website
Our freelance website development services will get your business the professional presence needed! Whether it's an e-commerce website or a simple CMS in WordPress. We always deliver what our customers expect! Our professional web designing and online marketing experience have proven to be inexpensive and effective for small businesses and professionals alike.
In fact, our local web design services are not only available locally in Seattle, Washington, but nationally. For example local cities where we offer services in Washington include Auburn, WA | Seattle, WA | Covington | Kent | Kent, WA | Federal Way | Tacoma | Olympia | Issaquah | New Castle| Lakewood | Gig Harbor | Everett | Monroe | Mill Creek | Milton | Puyallup | Redmond | Renton | Tacoma | White Center | Vancouver | Bellingham | Seattle.
If you need a new website or just looking for some website support, reach out to us, and let us help.
Custom Web Design Solutions
How can we not mention custom web design solutions? Many of our clients opt for custom websites, due to the fact that the end result will make the business stand out from its competition. In fact, a custom website built by a professional web designer will not only result in a solid branding but allow customers to differentiate and quickly identify your services and products from your competition. Our custom web design services are available to a diverse range of businesses in many areas, such as Seattle, Renton, Bellevue, Tacoma, NY, California and globally.
Hire the best Web Design Services from Washington
With front-end and back-end experience, our customers back us up as the best web design services. In fact, how could you possibly go wrong? In fact, our full-stack web development experience and online marketing will pave the path for your business to succeed. Contact us today at (425)-336-0069. Just a reminder, that our services are available, but not limited to Seattle, Bellevue, WA, Tacoma, Olympia, WA, New York, L.A. and all over!
Web Developers - We're not just a Web Design Agency
Our specialties are not only in web design but also in web development and online marketing. Yes, we are the full-blown agency with a one-stop service. Our web development services are not just limited to the Washington area but all over. From Bellevue, Tacoma and all the way to LA, California, NY, London, Birmingham, UK and Glyn Ebwy, Wales! Our UK web design services assist many businesses in Solihull, Birmingham, West Bromwich, and surrounding areas.
Web Agency with perfect solutions & great reviews
Our small business solutions are the perfect choice for any small to medium size business looking for results. Especially if you're looking to see your small business website grow via effective web design and online marketing. In fact, our Seattle web design company has assisted many businesses in and around the Puget Sound area. But, we did not finish there, we've also helped businesses in Seattle, Issaquah, Bellevue, Tacoma, New York, and California. Let our expertise help your business expand and reach new heights!
Online Marketing , SEO services available to small businesses in:
Washington SEO, SEM & Marketing Agency available in:
Algona | Auburn | Kent | Bellevue | New Castle | Bellingham | Factoria, Bellevue | Federal Way | Fife | Kent | Renton | Kirkland | Issaquah | Lakewood | Lynnwood | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Olympia | Redmond | Seattle | Tacoma | Kennewick | Gig Harbor | Vancouver
Our SEO packages and Online Marketing solutions are affordable and geared towards small businesses. In particular, businesses in and around Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, Tacoma, Kent, and Factoria Bellevue, WA continue to be our loyal customers. Our SEO company and web design firm do not just make a promise but, rather carry it out to succeed. Whether you are close to home in Seattle, or elsewhere.
Our SEO services and SEO marketers focus on organic SEO for small businesses like restaurants, distributors, professionals, doctors, dentists, and attorneys/call us for a free SEO estimate at (425)-336-0069.
Digital Marketing Services
Our digital marketing services are available in Washington and other states. Locally we assist small businesses in Puyallup, Gig Harbor, Olympia, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kirkland, Seattle, Vancouver, Tacoma, and surrounding areas.
Internet Marketing Services
Our internet marketing services coupled with web design and SEO will get your small business website to the top of your search engine. We focus on local as well as larger markets. All the way from Seattle, Olympia, Maple Valley, Kirkland, Bellevue, Tacoma and states like Washington, California, and ones further out! We provide quality on-page SEO as well as off-page services. For example helping to acquire customer reviews.
Organic SEO is the Perfect Solution
Yes, SEO is the best way to get your website visible online. But, you need to hire an agency that knows what they are doing. We at Visualwebz work within guidelines set by search engines. Thus, getting positive results for our customers. Also, our SEO consultant services are not only local in Renton, Kent, Seattle, Ballard, Bellevue or other areas. In fact, our reach is beyond Washington and the USA!
Online Marketing Services
Our online marketing services are not just limited to Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Tacoma or Bellingham. But we offer services to all businesses nationally and globally. Go ahead and contact one of the top digital marketing agencies near you. You'd only realize that the SEO services that they offer will be extremely costly and outside your budget. In fact, there are many SEO Companies to choose from but we ask you to check our reviews and decide why our customers chose us.
Visualwebz is not just a top Seattle web design agency but also recognized as a top advertising and marketing firm in Washington state.