Are Website Builders a Good Choice?
Any small business web design project could be inexpensive via website builders and a great way to get started with a cheap website, but be forewarned that there are many drawbacks. Since most small companies and even small non-profits feel the need to have a website, the search for how to have an inexpensive website usually started with website builders. As the company grows this becomes an increasingly unsatisfactory option, and a small business owner might think that the ideal plan for his company might be “drag-and-drop” website builders. The advertisements for these sound attractive. However, even the small business owner may find website builders fail to meet there expectations. Some web design tips and the disadvantages of using a website builder are:
- Limited Flexibility
- You will never actually own a site builder website
- Large Websites
- Added Expenses
- Unrelated advertising and limited bandwidth/file storage options
Following are various drag-and-drop website builders:
Wix reviewers list many disadvantages of Wix. According to Steve Benjamins at Site Builder Report, Wix allows too much freedom for non-designers, displays advertisements unless you are willing to buy one of their premium plans, has a potentially confusing interface, doesn’t allow templates to be changed, and has a lot of poor graphics and templates that must be waded through to get to the good ones. By too much freedom, Benjamins is referring to what he calls a “blank canvas editor” that can become “messy and unstructured in the hand of inexperienced designers”. To him, the interface can be confusing because menus will drop down anywhere you click and he is bothered by advertisements that always display in set locations and that can’t be moved or closed. Advertising another company or service on your company’s website does not communicate the image of a company that is reputable and able to stand on its own.
Two cons of Wix
Two of the cons of Wix is the pricing plan (and the included advertising) and templates that can’t be changed. In addition, there is no access to the source code and the maximum depth of navigation is two. We don’t recommend Wix if effective online marketing and SEO. Remember your main goal is to rank and get traffic!
Even the top plan doesn’t allow unlimited file storage, many of the apps are not true apps, and Wix doesn’t allow the user to edit any CSS. But, according to Wix.com, unlimited bandwidth can be purchased. However, since Wix’s webpage of price plans displayed a scaling issue with lines overlapping if the browser was too small. Hence users should also wonder if their templates handle scaling well.
Following are the disadvantages of Weebly:
- Installation of Softwares
- Site Backup and Modification
- Blog Limitations
- Forum Limitations
- Shared Web Hosting and Blocked Sites
- Image Management – not user-friendly
- Page Management
- Migrating to Weebly
- Migrating from Weebly
- Weebly’s Terms of Service
- File Deletion
Most of these we have seen before in some form, but a few merit further discussion. Weebly owns the servers and has decided not to allow your private software on their servers and not to let you delete any files, apparently including your own. There is a lack of transparency and ease of use, illustrated by the inability to create usable backups (you can look at them, but not rebuild starting with them) and by images stored strictly with numbers that will not help with SEO and optimization.
In a review of Square Space. The two cons are listed as “Adding, and Dragging and dropping Blocks in Square space was slightly buggy in tests, and not as smooth as other website builders” and “Square spaces Style Editor gives you the ability to customize or style almost everything on the website without going into codes” which “could be a bit overwhelming to beginners. An example of the issues with dragging and dropping was not having the screen automatically scroll from the top to the bottom. The second con seems to really be a problem of having too many choices. Thus having them spend too much time figuring out or playing around with them.
Shopify is a paid platform that could be negative for small businesses just starting off. In addition, Shopify only accepts payments from certain countries unless you use a payment gateway which will cost you extra money, Shopify’s abandoned cart saver needs help, and Shopify’s method for creating a drop-down menu is over-complicated. Shopify’s other set back is that unless you purchase the $179/month “Unlimited” plan, you will always have a transaction fee of 1 – 2%. In addition, not all apps are free. Finally, Shopify can be difficult to customize because, besides HTML and CSS, Shopify has its own coding language called Liquid.
Advantages of Website Builders
Of course, there are advantages of using online website builders :
- Little or no need for Coding
- Graphics are available
- Ease of Use
As we have seen, the “Price” advantage can be hard to calculate if potentially lost income is included while owners and regular employers develop the site. The true price must also include costs for apps, additional storage, and bandwidth, etc. Avoiding the “Programming & Coding” may mean less flexibility now and as your business grows. It may also mean that less careful and logical thought goes into the website. The free “Graphics” that a website builder may provide, are available to all users and won’t help with branding your website. Finally, “Ease of Use” can vary between website tools and depend on what your website needs are.
This should be on your list. Once you’ve got your website up and running, will the website builder give you full control when it comes to SEO and Digital Marketing? Whether your a small business, attorney or a large manufacturing plant SEO and digital marketing services will be needed in terms of attracting customers to your website.
Final thoughts on Website Builders
- Flexibility – Will the website tool provides sufficient flexibility to allow for change? Some lock you into a few templates or lock you in once you have chosen a template. For example, could you change the website color or even the layout?
- Design – Will the website tool provides enough guidance or will the owner (or his designate) have sufficient design expertise to create an attractive website?
- Ease of Use – Is the user interface understandable by you? Numbers of people using a website builder can be deceiving. Are they just there because it’s free? Take advantage of free trials to see if this website builder will actually work for you.
- Room for a Large Website – How many pages will you have and how much room will be available for your business on the servers.
- Time – Will time that should be spent on running the business be absorbed by rearranging the website? Will it become a computer game-like addiction?
Ownership & Costs
- Terms of Service – Will your venture fall within the agreed-upon terms of service?
- Ownership – Will your business be well served by renting a website? Could your venture outgrow the website builder?
- Hidden Website Costs – Are the apps your venture needs to be included? Are they available and how much extra will they cost? Can you have your own domain name and will that be another expense?
- Unrelated Advertising – Is this something your venture can live with? How much extra will you have to pay to avoid advertising your competitor?
Keeping the above in mind, the prospective user can determine if the benefits will outweigh these potential disadvantages.
Delivering the best Web Design & SEO Services
Local Web Design Services
If you're looking for web design, website development, a new website or just need to revamp an existing small business website, then you’ve come to the right place. Notably, at Visualwebz LLC we understand business owners and the website benefits your business needs. In addition, we understand that being a website owner you will want to see immediate results. Furthermore, we can help your website reach an international, national or local customer base. Besides, we know how to get your customers to you. After all, small business websites and SEO have been our specialty since 2008!
We Deliver the Best Web Services
Our website developers specialize in delivering the best websites and nothing more. More significantly, our qualifications and experience allow us to deliver clear and concise solutions. Whether it's a simple website or one that's complex, or one that is built on PHP or ASP, we will always keep you in the loop during the whole web development process.
Immediately after the launch of your website, we will work with you in improving your online presence. For example, our SEO specialists will help drive traffic to your website. With this in mind. Visualwebz LLC is the ideal firm to hire for your next project. In fact, we will also take care of your web security - remember you will need to secure your website from hackers. Similarly, other website design services offered include website maintenance, support, and website testing.
Interested in chatting to us regarding SEO or web design? Or just have questions regarding our expertise or web design costs? Then Contact us today at 425.336.0069. You may also want to check our reviews, and learn why our customers like us! After all, our 5-star reviews clearly tell prospective customers why we stand out when it comes to service, punctuality, quality, and affordability.
Resources & Links
Our Blog covers a range of services, practices, and trends in the areas of web design and SEO.
Marketing & SEO
- YouTube Marketing.
- Ad campaigns and digital marketing tips.
- Keep your website out of trouble
- Slow websites and ranking.
- Social media content.
- Essential website tools.
- Alternatives to Craigslist advertising.
- Our Seattle website SEO company has released an SEO Multiple Page Generator so that you can efectively manage content.
Web Design & Website Development
- Website redesign.
- Web technologies such as web builders.
- Seattle WordPress website design.
- Professional Seattle web design.
- E-Commerce platform.
- Website questions
- Website services
- Left vs. right brain
- Looking for the best hosting?
- Web design trends to watch out for.
Web Design & SEO Services for Small Businesses
At Visualwebz LLC we provide a range of WordPress (WP) web design, website development, and web marketing services to a diverse group of small businesses. Be it a WordPress website design for a large company, SEO for a startup or an e-Commerce website for a brick and mortar small business, we will deliver it. In fact, our web developers have a strong understanding of small businesses. Further more, we encourage you to read Visualwebz reviews and see why our customers are happy with our work and outcomes.
Healthcare Web Design Services
We offer a range of medical web design services for healthcare practices. In fact, our medical website solutions branch out to all areas of the healthcare industry. For example, our effective dental web design services, offered by our dental web designers serve Dentists, Dental Clinics, Specialized Dental Practices, Orthodontists, Dentistry, and Dental Practices. For example, Bothell Dental Care.
Also, we don't end there with our website services but branch to other healthcare services like Chiropractors, Doctors, Specialist Doctors, Psychologists, Plastic Surgeries, Chiropractors, Psychiatrists, Veterinary practices and other healthcare-related practices. Hire the best medical website developer for your dentist or walk-in clinic, hire Visalwebz LLC.
Professional web solutions for the services sector
Our website builder and SEO services assist all types of businesses. Some of which are:
- Import Export, Distributors, Warehouses, Warehousing Outlets, B2B, and Franchises. Also, Consignment businesses like one in Tacoma, WA.
- Manufacturing companies like Urban Accessories.
- Mechanics, Car repair, and auto garages.
- Contractors, developers, and home construction companies.
- Cleaning businesses like dry cleaning web design and carpet cleaning.
- Car dealerships and auto repairs centers.
- Hairdressers, Hairstylists, spas a, and salons.
- All types of small businesses and startups.
- Elderly care and Senior living web design services are also available.
- Schools such as daycares, home daycare, early learning schools, Montessori, and training centers.
- Food industry such as distributors, restaurants. Restaurant Chains, etc.
Web Design & SEO for Professionals
- Be it a small CPA or an established CPA, Accountants, Tax Services, or Tax Preparation Office, we can help. In fact, our services for accounting or finance-related firms are affordable and specific to each business. Also, other areas in finance include investment firms, financial advisors, financial consultants, and investment firms.
- and investment consultants.
- We also help attorneys and law firms. We provide the best law firm web design and SEO for any legal, attorney or law practice. After all, our law firm website designs are aimed at law firms that are looking for growth or law firms needing more online visibility. A good example is NY Defense Attorney web design, where we took an old outdated website and freshened it up.
- Our web services also branch out to small businesses, start-ups and into the real estate sector,
Web services for other industries
We also offer web design services that benefit nonprofits such as religious centers and churches. For example a project for a local Seattle Christianity website helped this cause gain the online visibility it needed. Another example is redesigning a Seattle based none profit VillageFamilyProject.com website.
We give back!
As part of giving back, we help nonprofits. As a matter of fact, we don't profit from any nonprofit website design or SEO services provided to non-profits. If you have a great cause your working for, then let us help your non-profit. In fact, we may even do it for free! Be it in Federal Way, Bellevue or New York we can help you get results. We can also fix a broken website, and get your charitable cause or church back on track.
Cities where we provide Web Design for small businesses:
A Seattle Web Design Agency that offers custom web solutions
We offer the best website design services, web maintenance and web support to small businesses in Seattle, Washington, and all over USA. Yes, our website builder services are available to all businesses at affordable website rates. After all, hiring competent and affordable Seattle web developers, website designers, WordPress Designers, and web builders will get your business the results without breaking your bank account! Whether you're looking for a web agency in Seattle or a website developer elsewhere? We can help. Call us at (425)-336-0069.
Every business deserves a professionally designed website
Our freelance website development services will get your business the professional presence needed! Whether it's an e-commerce website or a simple CMS in WordPress. We always deliver what our customers expect! Our professional web designing and online marketing experience have proven to be inexpensive and effective for small businesses and professionals alike.
In fact, our local web design services are not only available locally in Seattle, Washington, but all over the USA. From custom web designs, SEO and supporting Seattle businesses with our WordPress maintenance allows our agency to offer a diverse group of web services.
Local Areas we serve in Washington
Local cities where we offer web design services include Auburn, WA | Seattle, WA | Covington | Kent | Kent, WA | Federal Way | Tacoma | Olympia | Issaquah | New Castle| Lakewood | Gig Harbor | Everett | Monroe | Mill Creek | Milton | Puyallup | Redmond | Renton | Tacoma | White Center | Vancouver | Bellingham | Seattle.
If you need a new website or just looking for some website support, reach out to us, and let us help.
Custom Web Design Solutions
How can we not mention custom web design solutions? Many of our clients opt for custom websites, due to the fact that the end result will make the business stand out from its competition. In fact, a custom website built by a professional web designer will not only result in a solid branding but allow customers to differentiate and quickly identify your services and products from your competition. Our custom web design services are available to a diverse range of businesses in many areas, such as Seattle, Renton, Bellevue, Tacoma, NY, California and globally.
Hire the best Web Design Services in Seattle, Washington
With front-end and back-end experience, our customers back us up as the best web design services. In fact, how could you possibly go wrong? In fact, our full-stack web development experience and online marketing will pave the path for your business to succeed. Contact us today at (425)-336-0069. Just a reminder, that our services are available, but not limited to Seattle, Bellevue, WA, Tacoma, Olympia, WA, New York, L.A. and all over!
Web Developers - We're not just a Web Design Agency
Our specialties are not only in web design but also in web development and online marketing. Yes, we are the full-blown agency with a one-stop service. Our web development services are not just limited to the Washington area but all over. From Bellevue, Tacoma and all the way to LA, California, NY, London, Birmingham, UK and Glyn Ebwy, Wales! Our UK web design services assist many businesses in Solihull, Birmingham, West Bromwich, and surrounding areas.
Web Agency with perfect solutions & great reviews
Our small business solutions are the perfect choice for any small to medium size business looking for results. Especially if you're looking to see your small business website grow via effective web design and online marketing. In fact, our Seattle, WA web design company has assisted many businesses in and around the Puget Sound area. But, we did not finish there, we've also helped businesses in Seattle, Issaquah, Bellevue, Tacoma, New York, and California. Let our expertise help your business expand and reach new heights!
Online Marketing, SEO services available to small businesses in:
Washington SEO, SEM & Marketing Agency available in:
Our web related services have delivered many solutions to small businesses in and around Seattle. Other local areas where our clients are include: Algona | Auburn | Kent | Bellevue | New Castle | Bellingham | Factoria, Bellevue | Federal Way | Fife | Kent | Renton | Kirkland | Issaquah | Lakewood | Lynnwood | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Olympia | Redmond | Seattle | Tacoma | Kennewick | Gig Harbor | Vancouver
Our SEO packages and marketing solutions are affordable and geared towards small businesses. In particular, businesses in and around Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, Tacoma, Kent, and Factoria Bellevue, WA continue to be our loyal customers. Our SEO company and web design firm do not just make a promise but, rather carry it out to succeed. Whether you are close to home in Seattle, or elsewhere.
Since the start of SEO, our SEO services and SEO marketers focus on organic SEO for small businesses like restaurants, distributors, professionals, doctors, dentists, and attorneys/call us for a free SEO estimate at (425)-336-0069.
Digital Marketing Services
Our digital marketing services are available in Washington and other states. Locally we assist small businesses in Puyallup, Gig Harbor, Olympia, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kirkland, Seattle, Vancouver, Tacoma, and surrounding areas.
Internet Marketing Services
Our internet marketing services coupled with web design and SEO will get your small business website to the top of your search engine. We focus on local as well as larger markets. All the way from Seattle, Olympia, Maple Valley, Kirkland, Bellevue, Tacoma and states like Washington, California, and ones further out! We provide quality on-page SEO as well as off-page services. For example, helping to acquire customer reviews.
Organic SEO is the Perfect Solution
Yes, SEO is the best way to get your website visible online. But, you need to hire an agency that knows what they are doing. We at Visualwebz work within guidelines set by search engines. Thus, getting positive results for our customers. Also, our SEO consultant services are not only local in Renton, Kent, Seattle, Ballard, Bellevue or other areas. In fact, our reach is beyond Washington and the USA!
Online Marketing Services
Our online marketing services are not just limited to Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Tacoma or Bellingham. But we offer services to all businesses nationally and globally. Go ahead and contact one of the top digital marketing agencies near you. You'd only realize that the SEO services that they offer will be extremely costly and outside your budget. In fact, there are many SEO Companies to choose from but we ask you to check our reviews and decide why our customers chose us.
Visualwebz is not just a top Seattle web design agency but also recognized as a top advertising and marketing firm in Washington state.
Website Design - Call (425).336.0069
Website Builders for Small Businesses
- If your looking for website services such as web maintenance, website design, SEO or website developers near you, you’ve come to the right place! We provide web services to the following areas, but not limited to Auburn, Algona, Milton, Seattle, Bellingham, WA, Des Moines, Bellevue, Issaquah, Burien, Federal Way, Fife, WA, Maple Valley, Mill Creek, Covington, WA, Des Moines, and Seatac. Des Moines and Seatac are generally neighboring cities to Kent.
Professional Website Development & Website Builders
- Seattle Web development includes numerous online services including SEO and online marketing. As a result, some local areas we serve include:Washington State | Auburn | Bellevue | Eastside – Bellevue | Bellevue Website Design – Local Website Firm | Bothell | Des Moines | Federal Way | Fife | Issaquah | Kent | Kirkland, WA | Lacey | Lakewood | Lynwood | Maple Valley | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Seatac WA | Tacoma | Tukwila | Vancouver | Everett | Spokane | Seatac | Seattle Website Design | RentonSeatac Airport is the main port of entry into and out of Seattle by air. Notably, Visualwebz.com serves numerous businesses around Seattle. For example, Ballard – Small business in the Ballard area will no doubt benefit from our website’s services. For example, the first-page ranking will allow your website to rank well in Google. In addition, other areas in Seattle include: Belltown | Fremont | Madison Park | Capitol Hill | West Seattle | Queen Anne | Magnolia | Downtown Seattle | Seattle Website Design Services | Seattle | Northgate | Web Design Seattle Washington | Seattle Web Page Design | Small Biz Web Design
Website Builders & SEO services nationally
Besides providing SEO and online marketing to local businesses we also provide such services to small businesses in other states. For example, local cities include Seattle, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kirkland, Lakewood, WA, Monroe, Olympia, Tacoma and Bellingham, WA.
- Albuquerque | Anaheim | Atlanta | Bakersfield | Bellevue, WA | Charlotte NC | Cleveland | Colorado Springs | Columbus Ohio | Corpus Christi | Dallas Texas | Denver Colorado | Detroit Michigan | El Paso Texas | Fort Worth Texas | Fresno | Honolulu | Jacksonville | Long Beach California | Louisville | Memphis TN | Mesa Arizona | Minneapolis | Phoenix AZ | Portland Oregon | Raleigh | Riverside, California | Sacramento | San Diego | San Jose California | Santa Anna | | Tucson | Virginia Beach | Washington DC | Seattle Washington – Issaquah, WA
- Oregon | Portland | Salem | Eugene
- Idaho | Boise
- New York | Brooklyn
- California: LA Website Design | San Jose | Riverside | Also, web design in Long Beach.
- Canada | Toronto | Calgary | Vancouver | Surrey B.C.
- Texas | Austin
- Indiana | Indianapolis
We can help set up a website via a website builder or any other platform. Call us today!