Web Design Trends Between 2000 and 2019
Over the years there have been some great technological advances. Some of these include smartphones, laptops, and virtual reality. When we go back and look at the technologies that we started off with, we can learn from what we find. With websites and web design, there have been many changes over the decades as well. When we look back through the years, starting with the early 2000s, we can see how they didn’t really focus on the actual design aspect of the website. Web designers today care a lot more about how a site looks and how easy it is to use than they did in the past years.
Websites were originally used for personal use and now they are more often used for the public. Businesses use them to sell their products or spread awareness. Web designers are much more focused on designing a website for its users. Their goal is to make it as appealing and easy to use as possible. As we move through the years of web design and development you will see some of the advances that we have taken and you will learn where some of our techniques have started from.
What is Web Design?
Web Design Trends 2000 – 2019
In the early 2000‘s most websites consisted of only text. They did not really have any design aspects because there was no way to implement them. However, a few years later there were visual breakthroughs and the development of directories and navigation elements took place. Some of the features that we use today that were introduced include minimum images, links, and the appearance of search boxes. Most of these we still used but they have been significantly modified for improvements for the user. As we move further along through the years. You will see a lot of design elements that are still used today, however, they have been changed from what they were when they first started.
2003 – 2005
2006 – 2008
With the introduction of mobile devices to the public came new web design trends. In fact, this created a huge change in how websites needed to work and what they had to work on. Now, instead of only working on laptops and computers, websites also needed to work on mobile devices. They had to be adaptable for smaller, thinner screen size. Due to the small screen size, websites now needed a long scrolling page. This allowed for all of the original information to carry over onto mobile device applications. If this extended scrolling was not included, websites on mobile devices would have to be extremely small. The website might also cut off and not allow mobile users to view the whole site. In 2007 we start to see the fall of Flash software used for web design. This is when the first iPhone was released, and unfortunately, it didn’t support flash.
2009 – 2011
2012 – 2014
2015 – 2017
Web design trends with the aim of storytelling were key during 2015-2017. Businesses began to use their sites as a way to tell their story and interact with the public. This also goes along with how businesses started to use custom photography over stock photo backgrounds. Professional photography became a much better way to show the public about the company. In the past years, the abundance of large header background images has grown exponentially. This promoted a decrease in this design trend. Most companies wanted to stand out and since so many people were using this design element, the company steered away from it. There was a more need for simplicity in this era. This led to the slide-out menus and hidden menus that were beginning to appear on websites.
As the years went by, Flash became less popular. In 2015 Google moved all their YouTube videos to HTML5. This was a big blow to Adobe Flash. In 2017 Adobe officially announced it would stop working on flash by 2020. So, in less than a year from when this article was written, Flash will no longer be a viable option for web designers. Without the flow of new features and advancements, it will become less popular then it is today.
2018 – 2019
Recent web design trends include a rise in the interactive capabilities of websites. In 2018, chatbots, animation, and micro interaction were introduced. Businesses started using chatbots in their websites to allow users to chat with representatives and get their questions answered right away. The animation was also used as backgrounds and in images. A more advanced type of animation is micro-interaction. This is where the animation changes based on the user’s interactions.
This year, there is a lot more changes with color pallets and layouts. Designers are using more vibrant colors to catch the user’s attention. For the layout, more simplistic design is rising. Minimalistic asymmetrical layout is growing in popularity. This layout is more complicated and difficult to execute though. It takes time to add in a lot of these new design features.
Benefits of Understanding the History of Web Design
Have you ever heard the saying, “you can learn from the past”? Well, this is quite true in this case. Design trends seem to resurface several times over the years. Minimalism is a great example of this. It has shown up multiple times but is not back to a design trend in 2019. There are also several techniques that you might not know about that have been used in the past. Sometimes learning where something came from or why we use it a certain way can improve our understanding of it.
Not only can you implement past trends into web designs today. You can also analyze past websites and learn from them. There so many web design trends that have died for a good reason. Most of them made the website cluttered and users seem to prefer simplicity.
As you can see, there have been many changes to web design over the years. This makes it a very interesting topic to look into for both web designers and people interested in building their own websites. So, if you are interested in designing your own website and don’t want to use websites that help you design other websites. Understanding the history of web design and some of the trends that are used today can be very beneficial.
Delivering the best Web Design & SEO Services
Local Web Design Services
If you're looking for web design, website development, a new website or just need to revamp an existing small business website, then you’ve come to the right place. Notably, at Visualwebz LLC we understand business owners and the website benefits your business needs. In addition, we understand that being a website owner you will want to see immediate results. Furthermore, we can help your website reach an international, national or local customer base. Besides, we know how to get your customers to you. After all, small business websites and SEO have been our specialty since 2008!
We Deliver the Best Web Services
Our website developers specialize in delivering the best websites and nothing more. More significantly, our qualifications and experience allow us to deliver clear and concise solutions. Whether it's a simple website or one that's complex, or one that is built on PHP or ASP, we will always keep you in the loop during the whole web development process.
Immediately after the launch of your website, we will work with you in improving your online presence. For example, our SEO specialists will help drive traffic to your website. With this in mind. Visualwebz LLC is the ideal firm to hire for your next project. In fact, we will also take care of your web security - remember you will need to secure your website from hackers. Similarly, other website design services offered include website maintenance, support, and website testing.
Interested in chatting to us regarding SEO or web design? Or just have questions regarding our expertise or web design costs? Then Contact us today at 425.336.0069. You may also want to check our reviews, and learn why our customers like us! After all, our 5-star reviews clearly tell prospective customers why we stand out when it comes to service, punctuality, quality, and affordability.
Resources & Links
Our Blog covers a range of services, practices, and trends in the areas of web design and SEO.
Marketing & SEO
- YouTube Marketing.
- Alternatives to Craigslist advertising.
- Ad Campaigns.
- SEO Trends 2014.
- Slow websites and ranking.
- Social Media Content.
- Essential Website Tools.
- Try our SEO Multiple Page Generator for WordPress.
Web Design & Website Development
- Website Redesign
- Local Website Developers
- Web Technologies
- Seattle WordPress Website Design
- Professional Web Design
- E-Commerce Platform
- Website Questions
- Serving USA Cities | Website Areas
- Website Services
- Left vs. Right Brain
- Looking for good hosting?
Web Design & SEO Services for Small Businesses
At Visualwebz LLC we provide a range of WordPress (WP) web design, website development, and web marketing services to a diverse group of small businesses. Be it a WordPress website design for a large company or an e-Commerce website for business starting up, we will deliver it. Each web developer at Visualwebz LLC will work with you to complete your online success. Also, we encourage you to read Visualwebz reviews and see why our customers are happy with our work and outcomes.
Healthcare Web Design Services
We offer a range of medical web design services for healthcare practices. In fact, our medical website solutions branch out to all areas of the healthcare industry. For example, our effective dental web design services, offered by our dental web designers serve Dentists, Dental Clinics, Specialized Dental Practices, Orthodontists, Dentistry, and Dental Practices. For example, Bothell Dental Care.
Also, we don't end there with our website services but branch to other healthcare services like Chiropractors, Doctors, Specialist Doctors, Psychologists, Plastic Surgeries, Chiropractors, Psychiatrists, Veterinary practices and other healthcare-related practices. Hire the best medical website developer for your dentist or walk-in clinic, hire Visalwebz LLC.
Professional web solutions for the services sector
Our website builder and SEO services assist all types of businesses. Some of which are:
- Import Export, Distributors, Warehouses, Warehousing Outlets, B2B, and Franchises. Also, Consignment businesses like one in Tacoma, WA.
- Manufacturing companies like Urban Accessories.
- Mechanics, Car repair, and auto garages.
- Contractors, developers, and home construction companies.
- Cleaning businesses like dry cleaning web design and carpet cleaning.
- Car dealerships and auto repairs centers.
- Hairdressers, Hairstylists, spas a, and salons.
- All types of small businesses and startups.
- Elderly care and Senior living web design services are also available.
- Schools such as daycares, home daycare, early learning schools, Montessori, and training centers.
- Food industry such as distributors, restaurants. Restaurant Chains, etc.
Web Design & SEO for Professionals
- Be it a small CPA or an established CPA, Accountants, Tax Services, or Tax Preparation Office, we can help. In fact, our services for accounting or finance-related firms are affordable and specific to each business. Also, other areas in finance include investment firms, financial advisors, financial consultants, and investment firms.
- and investment consultants.
- We also help attorneys and law firms. We provide the best law firm web design and SEO for any legal, attorney or law practice. After all, our law firm website designs are aimed at law firms that are looking for growth or law firms needing more online visibility. A good example is NY Defense Attorney web design, where we took an old outdated website and freshened it up.
- Our web services also branch out to small businesses, start-ups and into the real estate sector,
Web services for other industries
We also offer web design services that benefit nonprofits such as religious centers and churches. For example a project for a local Seattle Christianity website helped this cause gain the online visibility it needed.
We give back!
As part of giving back, we help nonprofits. As a matter of fact, we don't profit from any nonprofit website design or SEO services provided to non-profits. If you have a great cause your working for, then let us help your non-profit. In fact, we may even do it for free! Be it in Federal Way, Bellevue or New York we can help you get results. We can also fix a broken website, and get your charitable cause or church back on track.
Cities where we provide Web Design for small businesses:
A Seattle Web Design Agency that offers custom web solutions
We offer the best website design services, web maintenance and web support to small businesses in Seattle, Washington, and other areas in the USA. Yes, our website builder services are available to all businesses at affordable and cheap prices. After all, hiring competent and affordable web developers, website designers, WordPress Designers, and web builders will get you the results without breaking your bank! Whether you're looking for a web agency in Seattle or a website developer elsewhere? We can help. Call us at (425)-336-0069.
Every business deserves a professionally designed website
Our freelance website development services will get your business the professional presence needed! Whether it's an e-commerce website or a simple CMS in WordPress. We always deliver what our customers expect! Our professional web designing and online marketing experience have proven to be inexpensive and effective for small businesses and professionals alike.
In fact, our local web design services are not only available locally in Seattle, Washington, but all over the USA. From custom web designs, SEO and supporting Seattle businesses with our WordPress maintenance allows our agency to offer a diverse group of web services.
Local Areas we serve in Washington
Local cities where we offer services in Washington include Auburn, WA | Seattle, WA | Covington | Kent | Kent, WA | Federal Way | Tacoma | Olympia | Issaquah | New Castle| Lakewood | Gig Harbor | Everett | Monroe | Mill Creek | Milton | Puyallup | Redmond | Renton | Tacoma | White Center | Vancouver | Bellingham | Seattle.
If you need a new website or just looking for some website support, reach out to us, and let us help.
Custom Web Design Solutions
How can we not mention custom web design solutions? Many of our clients opt for custom websites, due to the fact that the end result will make the business stand out from its competition. In fact, a custom website built by a professional web designer will not only result in a solid branding but allow customers to differentiate and quickly identify your services and products from your competition. Our custom web design services are available to a diverse range of businesses in many areas, such as Seattle, Renton, Bellevue, Tacoma, NY, California and globally.
Hire the best Web Design Services from Washington
With front-end and back-end experience, our customers back us up as the best web design services. In fact, how could you possibly go wrong? In fact, our full-stack web development experience and online marketing will pave the path for your business to succeed. Contact us today at (425)-336-0069. Just a reminder, that our services are available, but not limited to Seattle, Bellevue, WA, Tacoma, Olympia, WA, New York, L.A. and all over!
Web Developers - We're not just a Web Design Agency
Our specialties are not only in web design but also in web development and online marketing. Yes, we are the full-blown agency with a one-stop service. Our web development services are not just limited to the Washington area but all over. From Bellevue, Tacoma and all the way to LA, California, NY, London, Birmingham, UK and Glyn Ebwy, Wales! Our UK web design services assist many businesses in Solihull, Birmingham, West Bromwich, and surrounding areas.
Web Agency with perfect solutions & great reviews
Our small business solutions are the perfect choice for any small to medium size business looking for results. Especially if you're looking to see your small business website grow via effective web design and online marketing. In fact, our Seattle web design company has assisted many businesses in and around the Puget Sound area. But, we did not finish there, we've also helped businesses in Seattle, Issaquah, Bellevue, Tacoma, New York, and California. Let our expertise help your business expand and reach new heights!
Website Design - Call (425).336.0069
The Best Digital Marketing Services for Small Business Web Designs
Our Seattle SEO Company Services deliver effective website ranking. If you’re looking to stay ahead and be one of the first when it comes to Web Design Trends? Then consider our web design services. In fact, we provide web services to the following areas, but not limited to Auburn, Algona, Seattle, Bellingham, WA, Des Moines, Bellevue, Issaquah, Burien, Federal Way, Fife, WA, Olympia, Maple Valley, Mill Creek, Covington, WA, Des Moines, and Seatac. Des Moines and Seatac are generally neighboring cities to Kent.
Digital Marketing Services and staying ahead when it comes to Web Design Trends
- Seattle Web development includes numerous online services including SEO and online marketing. As a result, some local areas we serve include:Washington State | Auburn | Bellevue | Eastside – Bellevue | Bellevue Website Design – Local Website Firm | Bothell | Des Moines | Federal Way | Fife | Issaquah | Kent | Kirkland, WA | Lacey | Lakewood | Lynwood | Maple Valley | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Seatac WA | Tacoma | Tukwila | Vancouver | Everett | Spokane | Seatac | Seattle Website Design | Renton | Seatac Airport.
- Visualwebz.com serves numerous businesses around Seattle. For example, Ballard – Small business in the Ballard area will no doubt benefit from our website’s services. For example, the first-page ranking will allow your website to rank well in Google. In addition, other areas in Seattle include: Belltown | Fremont | Madison Park | Capitol Hill | West Seattle | Queen Anne | Magnolia | Downtown Seattle | Seattle Website Design Services | Seattle | Northgate | Web Design Seattle Washington | Seattle Web Page Design | Small Biz Web Design
Website Builder & Digital Marketing Services in line with Web Design Trends
Besides providing SEO and online marketing to local businesses we also provide such services to small businesses in other states. For example, local cities include Seattle, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kirkland, Lakewood, WA, Monroe, Olympia, Tacoma and Bellingham, WA.
- Albuquerque | Anaheim | Atlanta | Bakersfield | Bellevue, WA | Charlotte NC | Cleveland | Colorado Springs | Columbus Ohio | Corpus Christi | Dallas Texas | Denver Colorado | Detroit Michigan | El Paso Texas | Fort Worth Texas | Fresno | Honolulu | Jacksonville | Long Beach California | Louisville | Memphis TN | Mesa Arizona | Minneapolis | Phoenix AZ | Portland Oregon | Raleigh | Riverside, California | Sacramento | San Diego | San Jose California | Santa Anna | | Tucson | Virginia Beach | Washington DC | Seattle Washington – Issaquah, WA
Other states where we offer our Digital Marketing Services
- Oregon | Portland | Salem | Eugene
- Idaho | Boise
- New York | Brooklyn
- California: LA Website Design | San Jose | Riverside | Also, web design in Long Beach.
- Canada | Toronto | Calgary | Vancouver | Surrey B.C.
- Texas | Austin
- Indiana | Indianapolis
Hire our Seattle web designers that understand Web Design Trends. After all, we’re always inline with a range of Digital Marketing Services and website maintenance for small businesses and websites for professionals. Our efforts always deliver better ranking through effective online marketing. Whether your an attorney or a school, we will deliver. In fact, our response to up and coming technologies allow us to be in line with technological trends. For example, ensuring we understand how 5G or even smart homes could impact businesses. Also, the impact of Google Plus being eliminated and what small businesses should do in terms of replacing this social media service.
Online Marketing, SEO services available to small businesses in:
Washington SEO, SEM & Marketing Agency available in:
Algona | Auburn | Kent | Bellevue | New Castle | Bellingham | Factoria, Bellevue | Federal Way | Fife | Kent | Renton | Kirkland | Issaquah | Lakewood | Lynnwood | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Olympia | Redmond | Seattle | Tacoma | Kennewick | Gig Harbor | Vancouver
Our SEO packages and Online Marketing solutions are affordable and geared towards small businesses. In particular, businesses in and around Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, Tacoma, Kent, and Factoria Bellevue, WA continue to be our loyal customers. Our SEO company and web design firm do not just make a promise but, rather carry it out to succeed. Whether you are close to home in Seattle, or elsewhere.
Our SEO services and SEO marketers focus on organic SEO for small businesses like restaurants, distributors, professionals, doctors, dentists, and attorneys/call us for a free SEO estimate at (425)-336-0069.
Digital Marketing Services
Our digital marketing services are available in Washington and other states. Locally we assist small businesses in Puyallup, Gig Harbor, Olympia, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kirkland, Seattle, Vancouver, Tacoma, and surrounding areas.
Internet Marketing Services
Our internet marketing services coupled with web design and SEO will get your small business website to the top of your search engine. We focus on local as well as larger markets. All the way from Seattle, Olympia, Maple Valley, Kirkland, Bellevue, Tacoma and states like Washington, California, and ones further out! We provide quality on-page SEO as well as off-page services. For example, helping to acquire customer reviews.
Organic SEO is the Perfect Solution
Yes, SEO is the best way to get your website visible online. But, you need to hire an agency that knows what they are doing. We at Visualwebz work within guidelines set by search engines. Thus, getting positive results for our customers. Also, our SEO consultant services are not only local in Renton, Kent, Seattle, Ballard, Bellevue or other areas. In fact, our reach is beyond Washington and the USA!
Online Marketing Services
Our online marketing services are not just limited to Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Tacoma or Bellingham. But we offer services to all businesses nationally and globally. Go ahead and contact one of the top digital marketing agencies near you. You'd only realize that the SEO services that they offer will be extremely costly and outside your budget. In fact, there are many SEO Companies to choose from but we ask you to check our reviews and decide why our customers chose us.
Visualwebz is not just a top Seattle web design agency but also recognized as a top advertising and marketing firm in Washington state.
Web Design, Current Trends, and Online Marketing Blog Posts:
Visualwebz LLC is a Top Digital Marketing Agency Seattle 2018 and provides a range of digital marketing services.
We have summarized a number of areas small businesses should be aware of when it comes to having an effective online presence.
Digital Marketing Tips and Insights
An SEO expert will always have an understanding of ranking formula and practices. Also, clearly know the type of marketing that best fits any business. For example, to name a few, organic SEO, PPC, and Social Media strategies. Other areas, online marketing include are:
- Content Marketing through effective email marketing will keep your business connected with your customers.
- Benefit of Keywords ensures that websites are targeted at the right customer. Hence, why we take the time to understand each business and the best web words to use during online marketing and the web design process.
- Effective Online Marketing is a necessity for solid website ranking and should be part of all marketing campaigns.
- Unique Content Matters and should be carefully created, and aimed at the right demographics.
- Digital Marketing and SEO should always entail on-page, off-page SEO and social media.
- Marketing and animation go hand in hand, especially when it comes to engaging visitors.
- Reviews matter and not only attract customers but also authenticate the business. Learn more about Google Reviews vs Yelp.
- Voice Search is already here and every business should be aware of the impact it will have on getting future customers.
- Website Color Choices can be a make or break when it comes to attracting customers.
- Web design trends from 2000 to 2019 have come a long way when it comes to businesses being able to get online. Our web design agency understands the complexity of websites. Whether its a KISS web design, or a complex e-commerce platform. Even, if its a website built using website builders or one that's custom designed through hard-coding. We always use current web technologies and deliver attention grabbing websites. For example, using video headers, minimalistic web design approaches, and overall websites that provide great user experiences and functionalities.
- Worst Web Designs can have a detrimental impact on customer service and traffic. Also, this is the number one reason why a professional web design agency should be hired.
- Having the greatest website also means that its protected from malicious attacks. We help keep websites functioning and out of trouble.
More Blog Posts on Web Design, Online Marketing, SEO and related areas:
Google Panel | Google Adwords | Google Trends | Rich Snippets | | Internet Companies | HTTPS | | E-Commerce Website Developers | | 20 Years of Google | AI | Google Algorithms | Phishing & Compromising websites | Business Ranking in Seattle | Smart Homes | Ruby on Rails | Web Design History | Death of Google Plus | 5G | Micro-animations & Micro-interactions | Drop shipping | Check our multi page generator that helps create multiple landing pages.
Yes there are many cheaper options available, but you should know the pros and cons of cheaper website costs. Also, why cheap websites don't always deliver what you expect.