End of Google Plus
End of Google Plus was expected… Google+ social network officially closed April 2nd 2019.
Google announces the end of Google Plus
It’s no surprise that the end of Google Plus was expected for some time, especially when it was unable to gain any momentum in comparison to other social media platforms. Google Plus was once a social media website created by Google in 2011 with the intentions of it being as big as Facebook and compete with other social media websites, like Twitter Instagram and LinkedIn.
History of Google Plus
The history of Google Plus is brief, with it only being popular for a short amount of time, and most saying that it had officially “died” in late 2015. Google Plus started in 2011, but you may not be aware but Google has had other social media platforms. For example, they actually had 3 other social media websites, named Google Buzz (2010 – 2011), Google Friend Connect (2008 to 2012) and lastly, Orkut (2008 – 2014). Of course with Google Plus being the most popular and lasting the longest out of all of them. So why is Google putting an end to Google Plus and does all this failure mean in terms of Google’s expectations?
Google Buzz was one of Google’s biggest and quickest social media failures, only lasting a total of 22 months from February 2010 to December 2011. To sum up the website, it was somewhat a “blogging” website, where you would type whatever you want into a text box and post it for others to see.
According to gizmodo.com, Google Buzz can be summed up with 5 basic features:
- Automatic friends lists (friends have added automatically who you have emailed on Gmail)
- “Rich fast sharing” combines sources like Picasa and Twitter into a single feed, and it includes full-sized photo browsing
- Public and private sharing (swap between family and friends)
- Inbox integration (instead of emailing you with updates, like Facebook might, Buzz features emails that update dynamically with all Buzz thread content, like the photo viewer we mentioned above)
- “Recommended Buzz” puts friend-of-friend content into your stream, even if you’re not acquainted. Recommendations learn over time with your feedback.
Looking at these you can certainly tell that Google Buzz was leaning towards another Facebook type of Social media. For example, its focus was on making connections with friends around the world, and the fact that you have to add people too.
Why did Google Buzz fail?
Like the end of Google Plus, Google Buzz failed for many reasons. In fact, one reason was the resemblance to Facebook. Now imagine if you were given an alternative but was the same with a leading social media platform? why would you want to switch? They didn’t have one major feature that made it somewhat better or at least different than Facebook, so why would the millions of people who are already on Facebook want to migrate onto this website. The business insider, made a great point, “if Google isn’t trying to kill Facebook with their new social media website, then what’s the reason for even making it at all?”, they also mentioned how the home screen seems bland and lack any type of imagination in it.
Apparently, another reason it failed was that it was forced onto users. In fact, Google did not try to lure or attract customers but was automatically assigned a Google Buzz account without their permission. This apparently quickly made it a privacy nightmare even in the social media realm.
Google Buzz was seen as a major invasion of privacy and had a lot of legal actions taken against it. A student from Harvard Law School filed a class action lawsuit against Google, stating: “claiming that it severely compromised her and others’ privacy, she signed into Gmail without realizing that, by doing so, she had unwittingly also signed up to be part of the new network”. Hence, a clear reason why Google lost many customers.
Google friend connect is another social media website that Google created in 2008. While it technically didn’t fail (the status of it was under “suspended”). This came out shortly after Facebook and was Google’s attempts to make a social media website that would rival all other social media websites such as Facebook and Myspace and Twitter.
Google friend connect was a blog posting type of website, letting those post whatever they wanted. Also had incorporated a friend connecting service. Some more of the basic Google friend connect are:
- When active, the website owner set the language of their site and then allowed the user (via their Google Friend Connect account) to translate selected content into their own specified language
- Users often have multiple usernames and passwords if they registered with more than one social networking site or third-party site. Social Networking Connect Services, such as Google Friend Connect, were intended to remove the need for multiple registrations by allowing links from a user’s account on a social networking site to their account on a third party site.
- Users were able to personalize through gadgets. Gadgets such as ‘Interests’, allowed third-party sites to send out newsletters to those subscribed to the site and to customize newsletters based on user responses.
- Google Friend Connect had an ‘AdSense’ feature that let Google advertise based on site content and the user interests that were publicly shared by the user.
Why was it deactivated?
- Google figured that this website wasn’t going to be as big as Facebook, so they came out with Google Plus and phased this website out. “Approximately 200,000 websites are said to use Google Friend Connect, and 2889 of them are in the top million visited sites on the Internet. Google, however, estimated it had over 5 million sites using Friend Connect” based off of statistics from built with trends.
All in all, it technically didn’t fail, Google slowly gave up on it and chose to go with Google Plus instead. But as we know it the end of Google Plus is imminent!
Orkut was a website by Google made by Orkut Büyükkökten in late 2004 and was one of Google’s first good social media websites. It lasted for a total of 10 years which is a long time by Google’s standards.
Features provided by Orkut:
- Add friends
- Send scraps to people (Scrapbook) – These messages are visible to all.
- Send personal messages to each other
- Post videos
- Integrate G talk
- An option of liking each other`s activities
- Restricted and unrestricted community polls
- Customizing themes
- Becoming a fan of each other
- Rating your friends
While these features were more than enough to keep users entertained and able to catch up with friends and overall be social, it seems to have lacked what Facebook offered. In fact, Facebook had better features, and or the same features, but with an improved and better-looking user interface. A key reason why Okurt failed in late 2014. According to medium.com, there were a few main reasons such as
- Facebook was the main reason behind Orkut failure.
- Though redesigned several times Orkut was not able to retain its user base.
- In fact, the initial design of Orkut was much simpler and user-friendly. Later the things became just complicated to access.
- The website loaded slowly compared to its rival Facebook.
- Facebook kept it as simple as it could for the user so Orkut’s loss was Facebook’s gain.
- Orkut never tried really to take up to revive itself.
- Introducing Google Plus already meant the beginning of the end for Orkut.
- Orkut should have been what Facebook is today but somehow it lost its momentum and the grip over its users.
Following all these tries Google seemed to have placed all its bets later on Google Plus? Now, here we are at the end of Google Plus. For many users come April 2nd, 2019 this will be a day of sadness, and un-linking for a defunct social media platform.
Why the End of Google Plus
Google + was one of the social media platforms I’ve used, and it was not because I wanted to have one but was forced on me. I remember every time I would log into my YouTube account, it would instantly create a Google Plus account without my permission. One of the most annoying things was when your YouTube account would automatically link to your Google Plus, and it was not easy figuring out how to delete Google plus without deleting your YouTube. Overall, Facebook had already taken a clear lead and was impossible for Google Plus to even play catch up! Also, according to Forbes, Google plus has had a 98% decline in engagement rate, year-over-year.
Google Plus features
I’m not going to lie, Google had some cool features, but not enough to make me sit down, understand how they would work and just ditch Facebook to go on Google Plus all the time. Here goes a list of some of Google Plus features:
- Circles which was a core feature for Google+, it enabled users to organize people into groups or lists for sharing. In the “Stream”, which is on the home screen, they can see a post from certain circles and communities they joined. You can even compose your own post or circle
- Hangouts, which lets users group call or group chat
- +1 button, which is equivalent to a like on Facebook.
There was a lot of other features, but nothing really groundbreaking in comparison to other social media platforms.
The end of Google Plus and some final say…
Personally, the end of Google is no surprise. The fact that Google tried to imitate other social media platforms did not help it leap ahead. Though Google Plus will come to an end, there are many other promising technologies Google shines in. Googles 20 years have surely allowed this technology firm to create an impact in many areas. For example, Google’s ranking algorithm and search engine technology to its Google Android. Even though the end of Google may be a surprise or a shock to some Google will continue to make leaps in various innovative areas.
Google My Business
Overall Google has many strong technologies such as its Adword service, Its search engine directory, Google Duplex, Knowledge Panel, Google Trends, AMP, Google reviews, Google Home and others. For businesses using Google Plus, they should clearly move over to Google My Business.
Delivering the best Web Design & SEO Services
Local Web Design Services
If you're looking for web design, website development, a new website or just need to revamp an existing small business website, then you’ve come to the right place. Notably, at Visualwebz LLC we understand business owners and the website benefits your business needs. In addition, we understand that being a website owner you will want to see immediate results. Furthermore, we can help your website reach an international, national or local customer base. Besides, we know how to get your customers to you. After all, small business websites and SEO have been our specialty since 2008!
We Deliver the Best Web Services
Our website developers specialize in delivering the best websites and nothing more. More significantly, our qualifications and experience allow us to deliver clear and concise solutions. Whether it's a simple website or one that's complex, or one that is built on PHP or ASP, we will always keep you in the loop during the whole web development process.
Immediately after the launch of your website, we will work with you in improving your online presence. For example, our SEO specialists will help drive traffic to your website. With this in mind. Visualwebz LLC is the ideal firm to hire for your next project. In fact, we will also take care of your web security - remember you will need to secure your website from hackers. Similarly, other website design services offered include website maintenance, support, and website testing.
Interested in chatting to us regarding SEO or web design? Or just have questions regarding our expertise or web design costs? Then Contact us today at 425.336.0069. You may also want to check our reviews, and learn why our customers like us! After all, our 5-star reviews clearly tell prospective customers why we stand out when it comes to service, punctuality, quality, and affordability.
Resources & Links
Our Blog covers a range of services, practices, and trends in the areas of web design and SEO.
Marketing & SEO
- YouTube Marketing.
- Alternatives to Craigslist advertising.
- Ad Campaigns.
- SEO Trends 2014.
- Slow websites and ranking.
- Social Media Content.
- Essential Website Tools.
- Try our SEO Multiple Page Generator for WordPress.
Web Design & Website Development
- Website Redesign
- Local Website Developers
- Web Technologies
- Seattle WordPress Website Design
- Professional Web Design
- E-Commerce Platform
- Website Questions
- Serving USA Cities | Website Areas
- Website Services
- Left vs. Right Brain
- Looking for good hosting?
April 2nd 2019 marks the end of Google Plus
Web Design & SEO Services for Small Businesses
At Visualwebz LLC we provide a range of WordPress (WP) web design, website development, and web marketing services to a diverse group of small businesses. Be it a WordPress website design for a large company or an e-Commerce website for business starting up, we will deliver it. Each web developer at Visualwebz LLC will work with you to complete your online success. Also, we encourage you to read Visualwebz reviews and see why our customers are happy with our work and outcomes.
Healthcare Web Design Services
We offer a range of medical web design services for healthcare practices. In fact, our medical website solutions branch out to all areas of the healthcare industry. For example, our effective dental web design services, offered by our dental web designers serve Dentists, Dental Clinics, Specialized Dental Practices, Orthodontists, Dentistry, and Dental Practices. For example, Bothell Dental Care.
Also, we don't end there with our website services but branch to other healthcare services like Chiropractors, Doctors, Specialist Doctors, Psychologists, Plastic Surgeries, Chiropractors, Psychiatrists, Veterinary practices and other healthcare-related practices. Hire the best medical website developer for your dentist or walk-in clinic, hire Visalwebz LLC.
Professional web solutions for the services sector
Our website builder and SEO services assist all types of businesses. Some of which are:
- Import Export, Distributors, Warehouses, Warehousing Outlets, B2B, and Franchises. Also, Consignment businesses like one in Tacoma, WA.
- Manufacturing companies like Urban Accessories.
- Mechanics, Car repair, and auto garages.
- Contractors, developers, and home construction companies.
- Cleaning businesses like dry cleaning web design and carpet cleaning.
- Car dealerships and auto repairs centers.
- Hairdressers, Hairstylists, spas a, and salons.
- All types of small businesses and startups.
- Elderly care and Senior living web design services are also available.
- Schools such as daycares, home daycare, early learning schools, Montessori, and training centers.
- Food industry such as distributors, restaurants. Restaurant Chains, etc.
Web Design & SEO for Professionals
- Be it a small CPA or an established CPA, Accountants, Tax Services, or Tax Preparation Office, we can help. In fact, our services for accounting or finance-related firms are affordable and specific to each business. Also, other areas in finance include investment firms, financial advisors, financial consultants, and investment firms.
- and investment consultants.
- We also help attorneys and law firms. We provide the best law firm web design and SEO for any legal, attorney or law practice. After all, our law firm website designs are aimed at law firms that are looking for growth or law firms needing more online visibility. A good example is NY Defense Attorney web design, where we took an old outdated website and freshened it up.
- Our web services also branch out to small businesses, start-ups and into the real estate sector,
Web services for other industries
We also offer web design services that benefit nonprofits such as religious centers and churches. For example a project for a local Seattle Christianity website helped this cause gain the online visibility it needed.
We give back!
As part of giving back, we help nonprofits. As a matter of fact, we don't profit from any nonprofit website design or SEO services provided to non-profits. If you have a great cause your working for, then let us help your non-profit. In fact, we may even do it for free! Be it in Federal Way, Bellevue or New York we can help you get results. We can also fix a broken website, and get your charitable cause or church back on track.
Cities where we provide Web Design for small businesses:
A Seattle Web Design Agency that offers custom web solutions
We offer the best website design services, web maintenance and web support to small businesses in Seattle, Washington, and other states. Yes, our website builder services are available to all businesses at affordable and cheap prices. After all, hiring competent and affordable web developers, website designers, WordPress Designers, and web builders will get you the results without breaking your bank! Whether you're looking for a web agency in Seattle or a website developer elsewhere? We can help. Call us at (425)-336-0069.
Every business deserves a professionally designed website
Our freelance website development services will get your business the professional presence needed! Whether it's an e-commerce website or a simple CMS in WordPress. We always deliver what our customers expect! Our professional web designing and online marketing experience have proven to be inexpensive and effective for small businesses and professionals alike.
In fact, our local web design services are not only available locally in Seattle, Washington, but nationally. For example local cities where we offer services in Washington include Auburn, WA | Seattle, WA | Covington | Kent | Kent, WA | Federal Way | Tacoma | Olympia | Issaquah | New Castle| Lakewood | Gig Harbor | Everett | Monroe | Mill Creek | Milton | Puyallup | Redmond | Renton | Tacoma | White Center | Vancouver | Bellingham | Seattle.
If you need a new website or just looking for some website support, reach out to us, and let us help.
Custom Web Design Solutions
How can we not mention custom web design solutions? Many of our clients opt for custom websites, due to the fact that the end result will make the business stand out from its competition. In fact, a custom website built by a professional web designer will not only result in a solid branding but allow customers to differentiate and quickly identify your services and products from your competition. Our custom web design services are available to a diverse range of businesses in many areas, such as Seattle, Renton, Bellevue, Tacoma, NY, California and globally.
Hire the best Web Design Services from Washington
With front-end and back-end experience, our customers back us up as the best web design services. In fact, how could you possibly go wrong? In fact, our full-stack web development experience and online marketing will pave the path for your business to succeed. Contact us today at (425)-336-0069. Just a reminder, that our services are available, but not limited to Seattle, Bellevue, WA, Tacoma, Olympia, WA, New York, L.A. and all over!
Web Developers - We're not just a Web Design Agency
Our specialties are not only in web design but also in web development and online marketing. Yes, we are the full-blown agency with a one-stop service. Our web development services are not just limited to the Washington area but all over. From Bellevue, Tacoma and all the way to LA, California, NY, London, Birmingham, UK and Glyn Ebwy, Wales! Our UK web design services assist many businesses in Solihull, Birmingham, West Bromwich, and surrounding areas.
Web Agency with perfect solutions & great reviews
Our small business solutions are the perfect choice for any small to medium size business looking for results. Especially if you're looking to see your small business website grow via effective web design and online marketing. In fact, our Seattle web design company has assisted many businesses in and around the Puget Sound area. But, we did not finish there, we've also helped businesses in Seattle, Issaquah, Bellevue, Tacoma, New York, and California. Let our expertise help your business expand and reach new heights!
Website Design - Call (425).336.0069
Not quite the End of Google Plus for Small Business Web Designs
Yes though the end of Google Plus is a definite, businesses will still be able to post articles under its Google Business setup. If your looking for website developers near you, you’ve come to the right place! We provide web services to the following areas, but not limited to Auburn, Algona, Seattle, Bellingham, WA, Des Moines, Bellevue, Issaquah, Burien, Federal Way, Fife, WA, Olympia, Maple Valley, Mill Creek, Covington, WA, Des Moines, and Seatac. Des Moines and Seatac are generally neighboring cities to Kent.
End of Google Plus but alternatives exist.
- There are many alternative social media platforms available and our Seattle Web development includes numerous online services including SEO and online marketing that can get your business on track. As a result, some local areas we serve include:Washington State | Auburn | Bellevue | Eastside – Bellevue | Bellevue Website Design – Local Website Firm | Bothell | Des Moines | Federal Way | Fife | Issaquah | Kent | Kirkland, WA | Lacey | Lakewood | Lynwood | Maple Valley | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Seatac WA | Tacoma | Tukwila | Vancouver | Everett | Spokane | Seatac | Seattle Website Design | Renton | Seatac Airport
- Visualwebz.com serves numerous businesses around Seattle. For example, Ballard – Small business in the Ballard area will no doubt benefit from our website’s services. For example, the first-page ranking will allow your website to rank well in Google. In addition, other areas in Seattle include: Belltown | Fremont | Madison Park | Capitol Hill | West Seattle | Queen Anne | Magnolia | Downtown Seattle | Seattle Website Design Services | Seattle | Northgate | Web Design Seattle Washington | Seattle Web Page Design | Small Biz Web Design
Website Builder & Alternative Google Plus services offered nationally
Besides providing SEO and online marketing to local businesses we also provide such services to small businesses in other states. For example, local cities include Seattle, Federal Way, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kirkland, Lakewood, WA, Monroe, Olympia, Tacoma and Bellingham, WA.
- Albuquerque | Anaheim | Atlanta | Bakersfield | Bellevue, WA | Charlotte NC | Cleveland | Colorado Springs | Columbus Ohio | Corpus Christi | Dallas Texas | Denver Colorado | Detroit Michigan | El Paso Texas | Fort Worth Texas | Fresno | Honolulu | Jacksonville | Long Beach California | Louisville | Memphis TN | Mesa Arizona | Minneapolis | Phoenix AZ | Portland Oregon | Raleigh | Riverside, California | Sacramento | San Diego | San Jose California | Santa Anna | | Tucson | Virginia Beach | Washington DC | Seattle Washington – Issaquah, WA
Other states where we help the end of Google Plus transition
- Oregon | Portland | Salem | Eugene
- Idaho | Boise
- New York | Brooklyn
- California: LA Website Design | San Jose | Riverside | Also, web design in Long Beach.
- Canada | Toronto | Calgary | Vancouver | Surrey B.C.
- Texas | Austin
- Indiana | Indianapolis
From Web Design, Content Marketing, through to Digital Marketing
Hire our Seattle Web Page Design services and let us get your business on track and protect your website. After all, we’re always inline with a range of Web Design Technology strategies and tools. Our results always deliver better ranking through effective online marketing. Whether you’re looking for attorney SEO service or a simple e-commerce website, we deliver! In fact, Visualwebz LLC reviews provide a solid reassurance that we deliver. We deliver effective web design and SEO solutions. For example, our Seattle SEO case study provides an insight into how effective we have been when it comes to content marketing and SEO.
Outsource your website and online marketing to Visualwebz. Call (425)-336-0069. Let us help you with your Seattle Web Design Project!
Online Marketing , SEO services available to small businesses in:
Washington SEO, SEM & Marketing Agency available in:
Algona | Auburn | Kent | Bellevue | New Castle | Bellingham | Factoria, Bellevue | Federal Way | Fife | Kent | Renton | Kirkland | Issaquah | Lakewood | Lynnwood | Mercer Island | Marysville | Mill Creek | Olympia | Redmond | Seattle | Tacoma | Kennewick | Gig Harbor | Vancouver
Our SEO packages and Online Marketing solutions are affordable and geared towards small businesses. In particular, businesses in and around Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, Tacoma, Kent, and Factoria Bellevue, WA continue to be our loyal customers. Our SEO company and web design firm do not just make a promise but, rather carry it out to succeed. Whether you are close to home in Seattle, or elsewhere.
Our SEO services and SEO marketers focus on organic SEO for small businesses like restaurants, distributors, professionals, doctors, dentists, and attorneys/call us for a free SEO estimate at (425)-336-0069.
Digital Marketing Services
Our digital marketing services are available in Washington and other states. Locally we assist small businesses in Puyallup, Gig Harbor, Olympia, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kirkland, Seattle, Vancouver, Tacoma, and surrounding areas.
Internet Marketing Services
Our internet marketing services coupled with web design and SEO will get your small business website to the top of your search engine. We focus on local as well as larger markets. All the way from Seattle, Olympia, Maple Valley, Kirkland, Bellevue, Tacoma and states like Washington, California, and ones further out! We provide quality on-page SEO as well as off-page services. For example helping to acquire customer reviews.
Organic SEO is the Perfect Solution
Yes, SEO is the best way to get your website visible online. But, you need to hire an agency that knows what they are doing. We at Visualwebz work within guidelines set by search engines. Thus, getting positive results for our customers. Also, our SEO consultant services are not only local in Renton, Kent, Seattle, Ballard, Bellevue or other areas. In fact, our reach is beyond Washington and the USA!
Online Marketing Services
Our online marketing services are not just limited to Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Tacoma or Bellingham. But we offer services to all businesses nationally and globally. Go ahead and contact one of the top digital marketing agencies near you. You'd only realize that the SEO services that they offer will be extremely costly and outside your budget. In fact, there are many SEO Companies to choose from but we ask you to check our reviews and decide why our customers chose us.
Visualwebz is not just a top Seattle web design agency but also recognized as a top advertising and marketing firm in Washington state.