E-Commerce websites allow electronic commerce to take place. It is simply any type of business or commercial transaction, which involves the transfer of information through the Internet. It mainly revolves around buying and selling products online, both physical as well as digital (i.e. memberships, digital media such as eBooks).
E-Commerce Websites include online shopping, electronic payments, online auctions, Internet banking and online ticketing.
E-Commerce websites designs are becoming the norm for businesses that want to be able to carry out online transactions. Many small business websites will no doubt need websites developed on e-commerce platforms. There are numerous website solutions when setting up shopping carts and E-Commerce websites. Having a payment system that fits a business needs can also be a challenge, and we suggest that we fully understand how it will fit with your overall systems. PayPal and Authorize.net are a few of the many transaction gateways available. At Visualwebz we have the expertise and understanding in setting up such systems. If you have a simple HTML website and looking to expand, or looking to revamp your existing e-commerce website, we can help! We will work on the full project from selecting the best web hosting package, through to development, website testing, deployment and maintenance.
With many payment methods available, here are some key factors between PayPal and Authorize.net:
PayPal: Third Party Processor Account
- Web designing with PayPal is fairly easy to use for both clients and vendors. With a quick set-up, you can have PayPal link to either your credit or debit card or directly to your bank account.
- Website payment and the integration can be simple or complex depending on the type of website being built. An interactive website, with many features will require more customization than a standard website.
- PayPal is trustworthy and secure and recognized by most customers purchasing via any website. Also, many major retailers, including eBay, use PayPal to transfer funds between users.
- PayPal has the option of being integrated into any website, so that customers are not driven away from your website when processing a payment and will stay on your website.
- PayPal’s monthly fee for third party processors is about $30. While there’s no set up fee, there is a $0.30 transaction fee. There is also a low percentage surcharge of payments.
Authorize.net: Merchant Account
- Authorize.net allows you to accept credit cards as well as electronic check orders.
- Authorize.net does not drive clients away from your site when they’re processing a payment – they will stay within your site.
- With Authorize.net you have more control over the account and can handle a higher volume of sales.
- Authorize.net has a monthly fee of $42.95 – $57.95 for a merchant account, with a $99 one-time set up fee. There’s also a $0.35 transaction fee.
e-Commerce / Shopping Carts
- WooCommerce: www.woothemes.com – A WordPress plugin that integrates well with PayPal, and the likes of Quick Books. Learn more about Seattle WordPress Website Design, which specializes in custom WooCommerce integration.
- iTheme Exchange: ithemes.com/exchange – Another WordPress plugin for selling products on a WordPress based website.
- Shopify: shopify.com – Secure Shopping Cart System with a PayPal integration. Shopify does require services including web hosting from Shopify.
- Volusion: volusion.com– All in one shopping cart system.
It can be overwhelming when deciding on the right solution for your business, if this is the case we have put together some resources you may want to read on web design 101.
Professional e-Commerce for all Businesses
Now that you know the distinct benefits of each payment method, you can decide which method would be best for your business! If you are still unsure you can contact Visualwebz.com or call us to better understand and decide the types of online payment method that would work best for your business. We have the experience and understanding how to cater specific e-commerce platforms for many industries. We firmly believe that we have master the science behind web design.